Warm weather keeping you up? Us too. We know there’s just nothing more frustrating than not being able to sleep during the heat – as the temperature increases, the amount of time we spend tossing and turning tends to increase too, but not to worry, here are some clever tips and tricks that can help our minds and bodies switch off this summer…
- Use a wet towel: During those warmer nights, a wet towel is going to be your new bestie. Try soaking an old towel in water and hanging it in front of an open window in your house or even in front of your fan. This ensures that any air flowing through your space will pick up the cool moisture from the twel and circulate it round the room.
- Pop your pillowcase in the freezer: Sounds sort of bizarre doesn’t it? But this handy little trick does actually work! Simply grab your pillowcase of choice, pop it in a bag and then pop the bag into the freezer for 15 minutes and voila, there’s now no need to repeatedly find the ‘cool side’ of your pillow during the night.
- Keep your curtains and blinds shut: The simplest tip of them all – keeping your curtains and blinds closed throughout the day will provide you with some major benefits when it comes to hitting the hay. By doing so, you’ll ensure that the heat from the sun doesn’t shine through into your bedroom, causing it to overheat.
- Swap out the heavy duty duvets for lighter, airy sheets: We know you might have some type of deep, emotional attachment to your favourite nighttime duvet but it’s time to opt for a sheet and say goodbye to your beloved comfort blanket this season. Simply remove the sheet from your duvet and use the sheet to sleep with, we promise it’s a game changer!
- Stay hydrated: Our final tip is to stay hydrated throughout the day. Many people don’t realise that drinking water regularly during the daytime, leads to a cooler night’s sleep during the night time. So, nextime you decide to skip that extra refill of your favourite water bottle, remember that this too, could lead you to a deep, delightful slumber…
Sleep Top Picks
Created to promote a good night’s sleep, this targeted mist is great for your skin too. Hyaluronic Acid hydrates and plumps your skin while the smart blend of Hemp Oil and high-grade essential oils are proven to induce calming relaxation.
During the night, this light gel mask enriched with Sweet Orange, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis, essential oil and Pea extract reduces the appearance of dark spots and refines skin texture. Wake up with transformed skin recharged, bright and fresh like dew. Its Neroli, Citrus Aurantium Amara, essential oil scent invites you to relax.
Create a haven of tranquility and drift into a peaceful night’s sleep with this soft, soothing herbal aroma. Infused with lavender and patchouli essential oils this fragrance is enriched with scents that are said to relax the mind and encourage restful sleep. Spritz your home with 100ml of powerful fragrance which enhances your wellbeing and brings a beautiful scent to your home. This collection of mindful home fragrances by Silentnight and Wax Lyrical have been created using essential oils, to invigorate the senses and relax the mind – all in aid of a productive day and a great night’s sleep.
Thank you for reading, we hope you’ve enjoyed this post! Come and take a look at the incredible fragrance and beauty brands we stock!