Utilising your kitchen ingredients and using them as hair treatments is nothing new, with things like coconut oil, avocados and eggs all notorious for their incredible benefits, There’s a brand new cupboard ingredient you could be using right now! Rice water. You might be wondering how to do a rice water rinse on your hair and whether the results really live up to the claims so read on to find out more…
Rice water has been used for centuries as an alternative hair treatment, this is due to its unique properties which are rich in amino acids, B vitamins and antioxidants. Although this new hack can be seen all over social media, historical research shows that women in Japan have dosed their hair with rice water for many years. Rice water was used to keep their hair healthy, shiny and strong!
If you’re still not sure on why you should try this trend out then here is a list of the incredible benefits:
- It can help to improve hair growth
If you’re tired of commercial hair growth products and you’re looking for something more natural then the rice water treatment is a great alternative to regenerate hair and stimulate hair growth.
- It can reduce split ends
I think we can all agree that getting split ends is up there with one of the most frustrating hair mishaps. Rice water is rich in proteins that can help repair your damaged hair and decrease the look of frazzled ends.
- It prevents hair from getting damaged
Rice water features a carbohydrate called inositol that improves your hair’s elasticity and reduces surface friction, this is perfect for preventing breakage.
- It’s a substitute for conditioner
Most of us love applying a good conditioner for silky and smoother hair. Rice water is a super eco-friendly substitute to your regular conditioner. It’s high in vitamin blend is great for your hair’s texture and volume.
- It boosts shine!
Discover your new journey to shiny hair and have the luscious locks you’ve always wanted with this ultimate rice water hack.
How To Use Rice Water For Your Hair:
- Firstly you’ll need a cup of water and a cup of rice. Begin by washing and cleansing the rice with tap water to remove any impurities. This ensures that dirt and debris are removed, if it helps, use a strainer to wash the rice.
- Next, drain the rice and put it into a bowl, add water and mix them together. Continue mixing until the water becomes cloudy.
- After 30 minutes, strain the rice and keep the water in a covered plastic container. Let the water sit for over 12 – 24 hours to ensure the vitamins and minerals drain out.
- After shampooing, apply the rice water as a conditioner, massaging it gently all over your scalp. If you want to see the best results then leave it on for 20 minutes on your hair.
- Finally, rinse your hair thoroughly with clean water afterwards and enjoy your fresh, shiny locks!
Thank you for reading, we hope you’ve enjoyed this post! Come and take a look at the incredible fragrance and beauty brands we stock!