With the XS line, Paco Rabanne take provocation to the max. In 1993, XS paved the way, without taboo, celebrating sexual desire. A woody, male scent with intense sensuality, a bottle that transformed into a cigarette lighter. With Black XS in 2005 and then Black XS for her in 2007, the spirit of excess was alive!
Last year the new men’s edition, Pure XS. Paco Rabanne announced the return to sex and erotica. Pure fantasy made real, embodied by a devastatingly handsome heir. His most obvious talent: driving women crazy! The new feminine fragrance Pure XS for her is his alter ego, a tale of fantasy and desire.
A wild, provocative floral oriental fragrance. Disarming allure, you can feel her sex appeal. Just a hint of nonchalance. Bold and beautiful. Tonnes of talent. As intoxicating as it is intriguing. Pure Xs for her captivates, accelerates and escalates the senses. The origin of obsession.
Created by Quentin Bisch, an impassioned and passionate perfumer at Givaudan. Inspired by one of his trips to Reunion Island, he came back to Paris obsessed with a heady, dazzling ylang-ylang. His goal: to bottle the essence of an orgasm, an explosion of the senses brought within reach of a distinctive Paco flair.
Ylang-ylang for the raw, the untamed, the erotic. Next up, hot vanilla and an intriguing popcorn burst. The Ylang-ylang unleashes its raw erotica into the heat of hot vanilla. Audaciously devastating, viciously liber-ating, popcorn that packs a punch. 24/7 addiction. Popped puffed corn, musk, and milkwood notes ignite the skin. Desire on fire!
The Advertising Campaign
The face and muse for the newest Paco Rabanne creation is Emily Ratajkowski.
Emily: “I was thrilled when Paco Rabanne asked me to be the face of their new fragrance. I was already a fan of their perfume, of Julien Dossena’s work, and the way the brand speaks – bold yet sexy. Since joining the family I’ve learned a lot about the history of the house. Paco Rabanne himself was ahead of his time, creating dresses that made women feel strong and liberated. A true visionary.”
After Lady Million and Pure XS, the Swedish director Johan Renck collaborated for the third time with Paco Rabanne. “The film remains ironic as it stages a fantasy quest for the object of their desires. For some, a challenge. For others, a delicious game for she who remains mistress of the game and as Emily says “just wants to go to sleep…”.
A sculptural glass bottle. Bold edges for a confident allure. Untamed curves. Desire-on-fire. Encircled in a serpentine embrace. Chiselled scales, rippling reflections. The bijou signature twist. On the glass, shades of pink from dusk to sunset. A bottle that loves excess. Pure, pro-vocative beauty. Desire incarnate.
Your mum’s bought you your first ever set of pots and pans, you’ve finally sorted your student loan and you’ve had your last night out with your schoolmates – you’re officially on your way to university.
Your first week in university – or Freshers Week – will be filled with meeting new people, playing every single drinking game ever created and witnessing some of the most impressive feats of fancy dress you’ll see all year.
And while the most important thing is to have fun and make new friends, you should also remember to look after yourself (trust us, Freshers Flu is a real thing).
We’ve put together some of the best health and beauty tips and tricks, so that your skin can survive freshers week – from simple skincare to affordable beauty products that will have you looking gorgeous in no time at all, we’ll help you look and feel your best all week.
1. Design your party look First things first – you’ll be going on a lot of nights out and will probably be attending lots of parties. This means cultivating a makeup look that’s as individual and exciting as you are. The Marco By Design Complete Palette contains gorgeous eyeshadows, several different highlighters and brow definer to take your look to the next level.
Add a playful colour pop to your look with this set of three pigment-rich, Matte lipsticks from NYX, made to make you stand out.
2. Sort your Hangover Makeup 9 am lectures and freshers week parties mix about as well as vodka and orange cordial (which you may have consumed the night before). If you have to be up bright and early but you’re not exactly feeling your best, the right kind of makeup is going to be your best friend.
This Sunkissed Beautiful Bronze Beauty On The Go! kit is perfect for those early mornings. The very affordable kit includes an award-winning Perfect Primer, Intense Colour lip crayon in Hot Coral and Big Lash mascara, along with 4 beautiful eye shades and a Kohl liner. You’ll look like you’ve had your full eight hours of sleep (even if you’ve only had 8 minutes).
3. Take your makeup off Now that you have your makeup sorted, you need to remember to take it off each night (no matter how drunk you get), or you’ll be prone to breakouts and blemishes – never a good look.
Before you go out, leave a pack of Nuage Make-Up Removal Wipes With Aloe Vera on the side of your bed – they’re great for removing even the stubbornest of makeup if you’re not feeling 100%. If you have a little more time, use a gentle exfoliating wash like Witch Gentle Exfoliating Face Wash every morning and evening when you wash your face.
4. Brush Your Teeth! If you want to lead with a smile then dental care is of the utmost importance. To make sure your smile is always looking tip-top, add a mouthwash to your routine such as the iWHITE Instant Teeth Whitening Mouthwash. The triple-action whitening technology will strengthen and remineralise your teeth, and leave them with a pearly shine. If you want to splash out then why not invest in the Cougar Ultimate Teeth Whitening Trio Set? The 30ml Post Treatment Rinse, 50ml Peppermint Extreme Whitening Gel & Bamboo Toothbrush will help to absorb plaque, reduce stains and leave your teeth with that thoroughly clean feeling.
5. Stay Hydrated Your mum might not be around to tell you any more, but try to get your eight glasses of water every day. Bring a reusable bottle in your bag with you daily, and try and break up each alcoholic drink with a glass of water.
You should also remember to keep your skin hydrated, and some of the best moisturisers out there are the most affordable. Use Derma V10 Q10 Innovations Day Cream every morning to moisturise, tone and protect the skin against the damaging effects of everyday life. Each night, apply Simple Vital Vitamin Night Cream to help restore and replenish skin throughout the night (no matter what you’ve been up to!).
6. Eat right Try to avoid the cliché freshers’ diet of pizzas, burgers and kebabs during your first week. Now that you’re cooking for yourself, stock up on cheap vegetables from supermarkets and try to avoid heavily processed food.
Liven things up a bit in the nighttime with exciting and daring scents. Agent Provocateur Eau de Parfum Purse Spray is an exotic blend of Saffron, Coriander, Moroccan Rose, Jasmine, French Magnolia, Amber and Musk – and the perfect size to pop into your bag on a night out.
So, whether you spend your Freshers week dressed in a dragon onesie or your hottest outfit, make sure you follow our top tips to look and feel amazing all week.
When it comes to packing for a weekend break, no matter how many times you write a list, start packing 3 days before and make many mental notes, you always end up forgetting something important. Whether you are heading off for a weekend in the country or jetting away for a city break trying to remember the contents of your beauty collection can be a nightmare. So, we’re here to help! We’ve worked out a failsafe packing list that will make sure you not neglecting your beauty regime for those days away.
1. SPF Now I’m not going to bang on about how important SPF is because you already know, right?! If not, we have written many articles about it here and here. When you’re travelling and walking round all day you need to make sure you have a great long-lasting SPF that will see you through. The Piz Buin 1 Day Long Lotion is perfect as it gives you up to 6 hours of protection, it’s also 100ml so you can take it in your hand luggage! It’s also handy to have a SPF for your face that you can just keep in your hand bag for top ups, the Ambre Solaire Dry Mist works over makeup too, so you can mist away throughout the day!
2. Moisturiser Moisturiser is essential for your skincare regime so don’t neglect it just because you’re away from home. Particularly if you’re flying, the air con on flights literally sucks any hydration out of your skin. Apply a thick layer of a super hydrating moisturiser or a night cream (they tend to be thicker in consistency) for throughout your flight. We love the Elemis Hydra-Nourish Night Cream.
3. Face Wash and Deodorant You may be tempted to just stick to face wipes when you go away for the weekend, but they won’t do your skin any favours. Make sure you pack a good cleanser as well to keep your skin clear, clean and fresh. The REN Clean Skincare Rosa Centifolia 3-in-1 Cleansing Water is perfect for travelling as it acts as a toner and micellar water too! And deodorant just goes without saying…
4. Dry Shampoo Dry shampoo is a must for refreshing dirty or greasy hair during your break. You can pick up lots of travel sized bottles that won’t take up too much room in your hand luggage. The Charles Worthington Style Setter Dry Shampoo adds plenty of volume and texture too!
5. Travel Size Perfume You don’t want to be lugging around your big bottle of perfume on a trip (or be in danger of losing or breaking an expensive bottle!). So, pack a small hand bag sized version of your favourite scent. 30ml bottles are perfect for hand luggage or why not try a Pacifica Solid Perfume for layering on, our favourite is the Tahitian Gardenia.
6. Self-Tan If you like to have a bit of colour when you’re away then fake tan is a must. We all know how a genuine tan is damaging to the skin, so you’ll need a bit of something extra to give you that glow. A gradual tanner is a great option as it can double up as your body lotion too! The St Tropez Gradual Tan Body Lotion gives a gorgeous bronze colour.
7. On The Go Palettes Trying to streamline your makeup collection can be no mean feat. When you’re heading away for a couple of nights having a couple of handy palettes will help you keep everything in one place. The Marco By Design Complete Palette contains eyeshadows, highlighters, face powder and eyebrow products so you just need to remember your brushes!
8. Hand Sanitiser Having a hand gel or sanitiser in your handbag is always handy but when you head away on a city break they are an essential. Particularly when spending a lot of time in public places/ eating gelato by the bucket load! They’re usually super small so don’t take up hardly any precious space. Try the Anatomicals Hand Sanitiser, it’s a germ killing machine!
For a long time the biggest concerns about make up were how long it stayed on, how much it cost, and whether your sister would try to steal it. This soon changed when people became more aware of the animal cruelty that goes into making some products, and in response, called for more products that were cruelty-free (not tested on animals) and even vegan (cruelty-free plus no animal-derived ingredients).
If you want to reduce your impact on the environment without having to give up your makeup, Fragrance Direct have a range of cruelty-free and vegan products that are easy on the eye and your conscience.
If you’re looking for soft, clear skin, add REN’s Pore Detox Mask to your weekly skin care routine. Designed to make blackheads less visible and to minimise pore size, it’s perfect for those with oily to combination type skin.
Urban Veda Purifying Daily Facial Wash 150ml Urban Veda has received the internationally recognised Leaping Bunny certification for their commitment to cruelty-free products. As they use all natural ingredients such as Ayurvedic cold-pressed neem oil, they’re a great choice for those with sensitive skin.
Their Purifying Daily Facial Wash contains all the natural ingredients you need to cleanse and purify acne-prone skin and is an excellent way to treat blackheads and help oily skin that produces excess sebum.
Yes To Coconuts Ultra Hydrating Gift Set YES TO is another brand that has been certified as cruelty-free by Leaping Bunny. Their Ultra Hydrating Gift Set is perfect for those who suffer from dry, flaky skin. Containing ultra-hydrating wipes, a creme cleanser and an intense moisturiser, it’s been perfectly formulated to feed the skin and keep it looking soft and smooth.
A perfect gift for any skincare fanatic who also wants to keep their routine cruelty-free!
They have a range of different makeup products available, with our particular favourite being their Dreamy Cover Foundation.
The shade-matching minerals that make their foundation so good are made without animal testing and contain ingredients that are great for your skin. With SPF 20 and a feather-light, weightless cover, you’ll quickly find this a makeup bag must have!
Lily Lolo Finishing Powder Flawless Silk 4.5g After you’ve applied your foundation, you’ll need the right cruelty-free power to set it perfectly. Lily Lolo is certified as cruelty-free by PETA, so you can feel guilt-free when ensuring your makeup sits right. Gentle on your skin and formulated to reduce the signs of lines and wrinkles, you’ll love the natural formulation of this powder.
Natio Cosmetics Pure Mineral Redness Corrector Natio support, and have been accredited by, Choose Cruelty-Free (a non-profit organisation that advocates for the rights of animals). Their Pure Mineral Redness Corrector is perfect for those with blemish or rosacea-prone skin and will help cover imperfections and deflect light to even out skin tone.
Lips Pacifica Natural Lipstick 20g Choosing vegan lipstick doesn’t mean you have to skimp on colour intensity or pigmentation. The Pacifica Natural Lipstick is 100% vegan and cruelty-free and comes in five gorgeous colours including the intense red “Firebird” and the soft pink “Tenderness”. Take a look now for a lipstick that’s as soft on your lips as it is on nature.
Prima Makeup Prima Pressed Glitter This highly-pigmented glitter will take your makeup look to new heights of glam. Best applied over an eyeshadow primer, this glitter comes in a wide variety of different colours and can even be used over lipstick if you’re feeling brave! And, of course, it’s cruelty-free.
The above products are just a small sample of the cruelty-free and vegan makeup and skincare that we have to offer. What’s more, Fragrance Direct are always looking to expand our range. So please check back for even more great products and offers on our site.
Goodbye summer, hello autumn! There are a few perks to shorter days and darker nights. One, it’s the perfect time to up your game and bring out the freshest looks. We especially love the excuse it gives us to indulge in some vampish makeup paired with our cosy autumnal wardrobe.
So how are you going to shake things up this autumn? Need a little inspiration? Then take a look through our favourite trending looks.
There are more ways than one to achieve a flawless base. As makeup gets a little heavier than the summer fresh-faced spin, you??ll need to pay special attention to your base. Trust us, whatever you do from there is bound to look extra gorgeous.
You may remember that sparkles were big in 2017. Roll on another year, and they still top the pops with beauty experts. Everything from diamantes around the eyes to colourful sparkling eyeshadows were seen on the AW/18 catwalks.
If you’re getting party-ready, a little shimmer along the eyelid can be the perfect way to make a statement without feeling too glam rock. We can’t get enough of Prima Makeup’s Prima Pressed Glitter in all shades. Dab along your eye line over a sweep of eyeliner for best results.
In a year where gender equality has been more than a hot topic, power dressing has seen a huge revival. So, it’s no surprise that dark, head-turning lip colours are part of the look for this autumn.
It’s time up curl, elongate and accentuate those lashes! The polar opposite to laidback summery trends, this autumn is all about creating eyelashes made for batting. Day-to-day, you may just want to tweak your mascara to something like Technic’s Mega Lash Mascara in black.