Ok, you could go down the flowers and chocolates route this Valentine’s Day or you could push the boat out and choose something a bit more special (that won’t wilt after 3 days)! Get yourself in the good books this year and set the bar high! We’ve picked out some of our favourite fragrances that will be perfect for your loved one this Valentine’s Day. Plus there’s choices for him and for her (so no excuses)’ because guy’s we know you can do better than that last minute trip to the petrol station!
For her: BOSS The Scent for Her ‘ Now BOSS The Scent for her was literally made for Valentine’s Day! The seductive and luxurious fragrance is perfect for your wife or girlfriend, the aim of the scent is to attract your lover, it couldn’t be more appropriate! Plus the perfume smells amazing, with notes of honeyed peach, Tonka bean and freesia.
For him: BOSS The Scent ‘ To go along with the above is BOSS The Scent, a match made in heaven! This aftershave is all about awakening the senses with its seductive power. The scent is unrepentedly potent with notes of ginger, Maninka and virile leather. Your other half is bound to love it!
For her: YSL Mon Paris ‘ Mon Paris is all about capturing the spirit of an intense love affair, the perfect Valentine’s gift. It comes in a gorgeous glass bottle with pink juice and a black ribbon, bound to impress the woman in your life. Mon Paris is captivating with notes of patchouli, white rose and musk. If you want a little extra, why not splash out on the gift set?
For him: YSL L’Homme ‘ YSL L’Homme is a luxurious and woody fragrance that is instantly masculine on the skin. It has notes of bergamot, cedar wood and Chinese ginger to give it a smooth and rich scent. If you’re looking for something a bit extra, YSL always screams luxury!
For her: Paco Rabanne Olympea ‘ Paco Rabanne Olympea is for the victorious, strong and successful woman. It is utterly irresistible and bound to be a huge hit for the queen in your life! The fragrance includes notes of salty vanilla accord, fresh floral tones and oriental notes to create this Paco Rabanne signature. The perfume is sensual and magnetic. Olympea has chosen her hero, the champion Invictus’
Her him: Paco Rabanne Invictus ‘ This scent champions masculinity and strength, it is a powerful fragrance that is fresh and enduring. Perfect for the modern and exciting gentleman in your life. The scent is really fresh with notes of marine accord, grapefruit zest, bay leaf and patchouli. Plus it’s designed like a trophy, need I say more?
For her: Givenchy Live Irresistible ‘ Live Irresistible is the perfect fragrance for Valentine’s Day, it’s all about creating happy memories and seizing the moment! The perfume is a floral and fruity cocktail of rose, pimento berries and crisp pear notes. A guaranteed hit with the woman in your life!
For him: Givenchy Gentlemen Only – Gentlemen Only is a distinguished, charming and elegant fragrance for men. Its natural masculinity asserts itself through spicy aromatic notes that are invigorating and attractive. They reveal a seductive and unsettling sensuality with simplicity and nonchalance. A fragrance for a true gentleman!
The Fragrance Direct Winter Sale is here! We know you’re probably fed up of trawling through pages looking for the best bargains so we’ve rounded up our favourite products that have amazing discounts. Whether you can’t resist a bargain or you’ve had your eye on something for months, now’s the time to add it to your basket guilt free! We also have great some great perfume offers and aftershave deals for you to get stuck into, but be quick!
Marc Jacobs Daisy Gift Set 50ml. First up we have the Marc Jacobs Daisy Gift set! This iconic fragrance is a favourite among many women and a £37.95 it’s an absolute steal! You can get the gift set for less than you would pay for the 50ml bottle and you also get a cute box and free body lotion!
Tigi Bed Head Anti Dotes Recovery Twin. Next we have one of the Tigi Twins, this shampoo and conditioner is designed for dry, damaged hair that needs a hit of moisture. A massive 750ml shampoo and conditioner will last you for months and at £12.95 you can’t go wrong. Get those tresses in top condition!
Elemis Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm. Elemis Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm is a powerful deep cleansing balm that dissolves makeup, daily grimes and pollutants instantly and is one of our all-time favourite brands! Infused with Rose and Mimosa waxes and nourishing Elderberry, Starflower and Otimega oils help keep the skin plumped and supercharged. This balm will leave your skin renewed for a glowing complexion.
Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Fragrance Free Cream. Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream is in the sale!! Chapped hands, lips, dry skin? This cream is a miracle worker, no joke. It can be used pretty much anywhere to smooth and hydrate your skin. Once you’ve used this cream you’ll never be without it!
Vera Wang Princess Eau de Toilette 50ml. Vera Wang Princess is the perfect fragrance for every carefree woman who knows she’s a princess, erm me?! The scent has notes of vanilla, water lily, apple, freshly squeezed mandarin and apricot making it the perfect fresh and sweet fragrance. Plus the bottle will look adorable on your dressing table!
John Paul Gaultier Le Male Christmas Gift Set. Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male Gift set is the perfect gift for every single man, plus one of the most popular aftershaves. This particular gift set is for Christmas so why not get it now while it’s cheap and put it away for next year! You can pat yourself on the back for being super organised and know you’ve got a bargain!
Fake Bake Flawless Darker Self Tan Liquid. Fake Bake Self Tan Liquid is a self-tan lover’s dream! This product is so easy to apply but also has new ingredients that make your tan last even longer. Bonus it also smells like tropical fruits!
Calvin Klein CK One Eye Makeup Remover. CK One Eye Makeup Remover is one of the huge favourites here at FD. Its gentle formula is perfect for people with sensitive eyes and is completely oil free! It even removes waterproof eye makeup, what more could you want?
Escada Turquoise Summer EDT. Escada Turquoise Summer perfume is one of the annual limited edition fragrances that Escada bring out every year. The scents are always so fresh and summery they’re just perfect for the warmer months. Why not stock up now and grab a bargain with this beautiful edition bursting with notes of pineapple, strawberry, blackcurrant and vanilla.
The sale won’t last forever, make sure you snap up the bargains now before it’s too late! Don’t miss out!
As we’re now well and truly into 2017, let’s just take a minute to thank 2016 for an epic year in makeup: we’ll just say glitter, glitter and more glitter. We’re going to have a look at the top trends that will be popping up on red carpets, catwalks and all over Insta this year and the products you’ll need to recreate them. We have a lot to look forward to!
1. First up Glossy Lids’ this is set to be a huge trend throughout 2017 and was a look that was all over the catwalks in Fashion Month. There’s a few different ways you can achieve a glossy lid, easiest being clear lip gloss. However I think we’ll see a huge surge in glossy eye shadow products throughout the spring and summer months, making the whole process much slicker rather than sticky! In the meantime this Technic Clear Lip Gloss will do the trick.
2. Next we have the dramatic reduction in black eyeliner’ Now that you’ve fully mastered the perfect cat-eye liner, you can just leave that behind *sigh*. This year the go-to liner look is much more minimalist. It’s all about black kohl liner in the waterlines. A much edgier look than the cat flick. Try this Collection Kohl Eye Pencil to achieve the look.
3. The no makeup make up’ In 2017 we’re all focusing on achieving healthy, radiant and glowing skin. The contouring, strobing, baking hype is taking a back seat and it’s all about letting the skin shine through. Invest in a good quality hydrating moisturiser to give your skin a helping hand; the Murad Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisturiser is perfect.
4. The relaxed red lip’ A red lip is always in fashion but the way to wear it this year is with the no makeup make up look; clean and fresh skin, minimal eye makeup and fluffy brows. The striking red lip is fail safe glamour. We have so many red lipsticks that will do the trick but one of our favourites is the L’OrÃ‡Â¸al Colour Riche Collection in Doutzens Pure Red.
5. Metallics’ Metallics had become very popular towards the end of 2016 and the trend shows no signs of dying down. Metallic makeup is all about the iridescent look rather than a glitter. Metal and chrome products work perfectly on the eyes and the lips and can be quite delicate and understated, perfect if you’re not quite as daring with your makeup. Think swipes of silver over the lips and shimmery gold highlighters. The W7 10 out 10 Palette has plenty of metal shades including bronzes, golds, silvers and blacks.
6. Bold Blush is making a comeback’ Blush is meant to be seen this year, so get your blusher brushes at the ready. Think heavy handed disco vibes with bright pink shades and you won’t go too far wrong. For the more conservative wearer you can just intensify your usual shade by applying with a damp brush to give off more pigment. Also try blending further up towards the temples. The Nars Blush in shade Desire is perfect for this trend.
7. Boyish Brows’ When it comes to brows for this year, the perfectly groomed and filled in look is totally left in 2016. Think naturally groomed, slightly untidy and straight brows for 2017. Thank god we can start to leave the tweezers and wax strips alone and let our brows be free. Stick to a tinted gel or keep everything in place and more natural looking. This gel from Billion Dollar Brows is perfect.
8. Lip Gloss is back in a big way’ I know we’ve talked about using lip gloss on your eye lids, well also get it slathered on your lips! Last year was all about the matte lip (as we could tell from the Kylie Jenner lip kit phenomenon) but this year we’re bringing back the gloss. It’s a refreshing change that gives dimension, shine and youth! One of our favourites is the Clinique Superbalm Moisturising Lip Gloss; this gives you a great sheen but also gives your lips a hit of hydration!
9. The Glitter Trend’ Glitter was huge in 2016, on the eyes, lips, cheeks, pretty much anywhere on the face was ok! Glitter is still a stand out trend for 2017 but we’re seeing it more concentrated in the eye area, in particular underneath the eyes. Scattered across the bottom lash line, allowing flecks to fall where they may. Basically the less perfect it looks, the better! The Collection Glam Crystals Dazzling Eyeliner is great for taking your eye makeup to the next level.
10. Burgundy lids’ A wash of red shadow on the lids is going to be a big beauty trend for 2017. We saw plenty of celebrities at the Golden Globes with burgundy lids and we love it! It makes your whole look super modern and edgy. The Maybelline Eye Studio Diamond Glow Quad is perfect for creating a burgundy, bronzy look.
It’s a brand new year and the student loans have dropped, there’s no better excuse to snap up all the beauty essentials you’re going to need to get you through the next term. Out with the old and in with the new as some may say (mainly your mum) but it’s a great time to start a fresh and head back to Uni with everything you need/want! We’ve picked out some great beauty products for all you busy students including long lasting makeup, easy and simple skincare and huge packs of shampoo and conditioner that will definitely last the entire term!
Yes To is a brand that is great for younger skin, they have different families for all kinds of skin needs. From tomato products for detoxifying to cucumber for that much needed hydration. There are a few products that we love from the range that will definitely be great to add to your collection. These Cucumber Hypo Allergenic wipes include cucumbers (obviously), green tea and aloe and are great for getting rid of all your makeup and leaving your skin feeling smooth and refreshed. The Tomatoes Clearing Facial Mask is also perfect if you have a bit of troublesome skin, it will give you a deep pore treatment to clear and purify the skin. It is filled with anti-oxidants that fight free radicals and bursting with powerful sebum absorbers to keep any oily skin at bay!
When you’re back at Uni you can’t rely on your mum for keeping the shampoo and conditioner stocked up. Tigi have some great duo’s that are literally huge, they are guaranteed to last you weeks! They also cater for all hair types and any needs you have including Colour Goddess,Urban Antidotes Resurrection, Oatmeal and Honey, Elasticate. They’re all great value and amazing quality so you can keep your tresses in top condition for a bargain.
Dry Shampoo is an absolute essential for when you’re at Uni’ chances are you’ll sleep through your alarm at least once week and have a mad rush to get dressed and out the door. Worry not; this Charles Worthington Dry Shampoo will keep all your greasy sins hidden.
A big old pamper session is a great way to make new friends in your hauls, and you can’t have a pamper session without face masks! Snap up these Purederm masks for a bargain at £1.50 each and they have a great selection including vitamin E, Shea Butter and Mango.
Real Techniques Multitask Set of 3 Brushes is perfect for taking back to Uni with you. The limited edition set simplifies your makeup routine and has the bare essentials you need to get that flawless finish. Plus it comes with cute case that will keep everything organised for you!
Leftover pizza, dirty sheets and half-drunk beer does not make for a sweet smelling bedroom! An Orla Kiely Basil and Mint Candle is the perfect addition to keep everything smelling fresh and clean. Also a nice decoration for your desk!
Don’t forget all students get 10% off all products on Fragrance Direct with UniDays, even more reason to get shopping!
We all have our own skincare routines that we like to stick to religiously. There’s something comforting about massaging that cleanser in at the end of the day, removing any dirt and stress that goes with it. There are plenty of benefits to having a consistent skincare routine and the one most people swear by is 3 step’ Cleanse, Tone and Moisturise.
The main benefits of keeping a consistent skincare routine are:
1. Your skin will be in better overall condition. This seems like a bit of a no brainer, but keeping a consistent routine will help reduce and prevent signs of aging, prevent and treat any acne and improve the clarity of your skin.
2. Your skin will look less dull. At some point we all notice a decrease in radiance, whether it be due to the weather, diet or dehydration. Using an exfoliating toner as a regular step in your skincare routine will help keep your skin looking fresh and glowy. Cell turnover slows down as we age, so it’s important to help the process and clear away any dead skin cells so those new ones can shine through!
3. Your skin will work harder to maintain itself. It sounds a bit silly but your skin cells work really hard while you sleep and if you’re consistently cleansing, toning and moisturising you are allowing it to do its job most effectively. It will work better to repair itself and your moisturiser will absorb much easier.
4. Visible results. People give up on skincare far too quickly; we see all the amazing claims from different brands and then give up after two weeks when it hasn’t worked. Dramatic results do not happen overnight and you have to be patient, it can often take up to 8 weeks of consistent use for you to really notice any results. Give it a little longer and you may be surprised.
5. Results will be easier to maintain. Once you have established a skincare routine you can stick to and you start seeing those all-important results, you’ll be much more likely to keep it up. So just stick at it! Your skin will continue to look healthy and refreshed as long as you don’t give up.
We’ve rounded up some of our favourite 3 step routines on the website for you to try. There’s a few different options to suit every skin type, so why not add this to your list of new year’s resolutions!