So it’s that time of year when we’re all obsessing over pumpkin spice lattes and thinking about carving them. But you probably haven’t considered the health and beauty benefits of pumpkin and what it can do for you skin and hair…
Pumpkins are super vitamin rich foods that can help you keep healthy and also look gorgeous! So get baking those pumpkin seeds, baking pumpkin bread, serving up pumpkin soup and basically anything else you can think of that involves pumpkin! Pumpkin has loads to offer so keep reading for a breakdown of the benefits.
• It combats wrinkles. Ok so we’re sold already! Pumpkin is rich in vitamin A, which helps supports vibrant skin, strong vision and an active immune system. This powerful vitamin helps keep your skin wrinkle free.
• Keeps your skin hydrated. Pumpkin is high in vitamin B3, this vitamin increases the production of ceramide and fatty acids. These two components are key to keep the protective barrier of your skin strong so it can lock in moisture.
• Helps you detox. Pumpkin seeds in particular, are a rich source of zinc and magnesium. Zinc optimises immunity and supports glowing skin. Magnesium is something a lot of people are deficient in but it plays a huge part in helping your body detoxify.
• It erases dark spots. Another benefit of the vitamin B3 is that it helps inhibit the transfer of pigment to the skin cells, minimising dark spots.
Ok so we’ve definitely established how beneficial pumpkin is our health and also for keeping our skin looking healthy and glowing. However, you don’t have to just eat pumpkins to get the benefits there are plenty of products out there that use pumpkin in their ingredients!
1. Elemental Herbology Moisture Milk Facial Moisturiser – this moisturiser is rich in anti-oxidants that help reduce oil and congestion. With the added benefit of fresh pumpkin seed cells it will help keep your face glowing throughout the winter months.
2. Murad Skin Smoothing Polish – this a powerful, yet gentle exfoliating scrub that helps improve clogged pores and removes day to day dirt. It’s amazing at tightening the appearance of enlarged pours and this is down the added benefit of pumpkin seed extract!
3. Crabtree & Evelyn Pomegranate, Argan and Grapeseed Body Scrub – instantly reveal smoother skin with this gentle exfoliator. The pumpkin seed oils replenish and soften the skin to help protect it.
4. Burt’s Bees Miracle Salve – moisturise and nourish hair, hands and body with this amazing multipurpose product. Pumpkin seed oil is rich in fatty acid and helps to hydrate and nourish dry hair and skin.
5. Yes To Tomatoes Detoxifying Charcoal Mud Mask – this natural mud mask draws out impurities with charcoal and then treats and prevents blemishes with the a blend of natural ingredients including pumpkin extract.
6. Suki Renewal Bio-Resurfacing Facial Peel – this is a corrective treatment that helps combat dull patches and wrinkles by gently exfoliating and nourishing damaged skin cells. Enriched with pumpkin enzymes it removes impurities and unclogs the pores.