That sun lounger is calling! If you’re preparing to bare a bit more skin on your holiday we’ve got some top tips to make sure you’re buffed to perfection. For gorgeous, smooth, exfoliated skin you just need to carry out a few simple steps… but you might want to start a couple of weeks before you step on that plane!
• Treat your feet! Your feet have been trapped inside winter boots for months now so probably need a little extra work. A couple of weeks before you go away make sure you remove all the dead skin with a foot file, this one from Opal Crafts is really easy to use. Next up try applying an overnight foot mask to help hydrate the skin and keep feet looking smooth, Leighton Denny have a great foot masque that comes with socks! The make sure you’re regularly applying a hydrating foot cream to help stop the skin from cracking and leave you with sandal ready feet! Finally, if you get chance go for a gel pedicure, they can last for up to 4 weeks and will stay chip free all holiday!
• Regular exfoliating! This is another step you need to be doing regularly a few weeks before you go away. Exfoliating will lift off the outer layer of skin cells that are dead and reveal smooth and healthy looking skin. A body scrub is the best option for this step; we love Cowshed Spearmint Exfoliating Sea Salt Scrub, Elemis Frangipani Salt Glow Body Scrub and the Nuxe Body Fondant Scrub. If you have pair of exfoliating gloves this will also help remove as much dead skin as possible.
• Stay hydrated! Once you’ve done all your exfoliating and body brushing make sure you keep your skin hydrated. After every exfoliating session, make sure you apply a generous layer of moisturiser or body lotion. The Vaseline Intensive Care Cocoa body lotion is amazing at sealing in as much moisture as possible and it also smells incredible! As always make sure you drink as much water as you can, there is nothing better for your skin than H20!
• Hair removal. Whichever hair removal technique you prefer, make sure you do it at least 24 hours before stepping on a plane. You need to give your skin time to heal itself and you’re less like to experience any irritation. Try the Veet 3 Minute Hair Removal Cream; it leaves your skin looking silky, smooth and ready for the beach! If you prefer to head for the salon and get a wax, I suggest planning this in for a couple of days before you go away.
• Summer Scents! You always need a gorgeous holiday fragrance that is fresh and light and will remind you of all those happy memories. CK One Summer is perfect to take away with you; it’s bright, energetic and fresh. It will instantly remind you of cucumber and gin and tonic, what more could you want on holiday! If you prefer something a bit fruitier, try Escada Fiesta Carioca!
• Apply SPF! This one’s for while you’re on holiday, apply apply and apply again! When you’re in the sun reapply sun protection every hour if you’re sweating or dipping in and out of the pool. Sunscreen is so important for keeping your skin safe in the sun and a bright red nose isn’t really going to work with your radiant, glowy makeup when you’re heading out for dinner. Choose a formula that works for you, many sunscreens now cater for dry, oily or normal skin so you don’t have to worry about disrupting your skincare regime. We love the Malibu sun creams, they have a great range and they’re super affordable