We all want to look our best for the biggest night of the year… New Year’s Eve! There are literally no rules on New Year’s Eve so it’s the best night of the year to do all your experimenting with gorgeous make up looks. Keep reading for some of our favourite make up looks and how to create them…
1. Glossy Red Lips. A bold statement lip is a must on New Year’s Eve and this year we’re all about a glossy pout. Keep the eyes simple and then pick out your favourite pillar box red lippy (just make sure you use a good lip liner beforehand, so you don’t get any smudging when it hits 12!), we love the Nars Semi Matte Lipstick in Gipsy. Next up you need a clear gloss to add the extra statement, try the Technic Clear Lip Gloss to tie everything together. I mean we can’t all look like Rosie Huntington Whitely but we can try…
2. Copper Smokey Eye. A smokey eye is an absolute classic and looks great on everyone. For this New Year use coppery and rose gold tones to really keep it looking fresh. Paired with a gorgeous soft contour will look amazing, make sure you choose a bronzer one shade darker than your natural skin tone to really bring out the cheekbones. The Technic Pro Finish Eye Shadow Palette has a gorgeous range of tones you can use to create a killer smokey eye or the Bellapierre Limited Edition XII Palette is gorgeous for those with a higher budget.
3. Sparkle! New Year’s Eve is the one night a year it is totally acceptable to wear as much glitter as you please (your outfit, your shoes, your jewellery, your makeup, there is no limit)! If you’re new to glitter and don’t want to go overboard we suggest adding the glitter to your eyes. Add a shimmer shadow onto your lids and then press a glitter over the top to create a gorgeous glittery eye look, Marco By Design have a great set of different coloured glitters that come in a gel form making them so simple to apply.
4. Crack the champagne. And we don’t mean the bottle, although that is absolutely allowed as well! For luminous skin instead of piling on the blush and bronzer, use a subtle champagne highlighter on the high points of your face. We’re talking cheek bones, brow bone, tip of your nose and cupid bow to really bring out your features and add a soft glow. Try the C.A.K.E Cosmetics Sheer Glow Highlighter in Movie Star, it gives you a natural glow that will enhance your features.
5. Peachy Glow and Luscious Lashes. Using pastels will make your look super fresh and youthful, so try adding a peachy toned blush to your makeup look for this New Year. Paired with long, feathery lashes will give you a gorgeous fresh and glowy look that will look amazing in photography. Make sure your lashes are glued down well, the last thing you want is them pinging off every five minutes! Top tip: let the glue dry down for 30 seconds before you apply them so they are super tacky. Our favourite pair are the High Definition Beauty Faux Lashes in Bombshell. For a peachy blush try the Daniel Sandler Watercolour Liquid Blush in Passion.
6. Burgundy Lips. If you fancy going for something different that red lips this year why not try a gorgeous burgundy shade. It gives off such a statement and makes the rest of your makeup look beautiful too. Go for a matte finish to really make them stand out, we love the NYX Velvet Matte Lipstick in Blood Love.
Whichever look you go for this New Year’s Eve we’re sure you’ll all look amazing, have a great night!