As we get closer and closer to December it can only mean one thing… Christmas Party Season! If you’re like us and love switching up your makeup looks and experimenting with different products and trends then you’re in…
Fragrance Direct are bringing you the ultimate in makeup inspiration. Discover timeless looks for eyes, skin and lips that you’ll love. Perfect these techniques and you’ll never need to worry about your makeup again.
We love scouring Instagram for all the best makeup inspiration posts, there’s so many different looks, tips and tricks to see! We thought we’d put together a little post on some of our favourite makeup inspo, from eye looks, to the best dewy bases and perfect pouts! So, you can keep checking back when you’re feeling stuck in a rut or need some makeup ideas for a special night out.
We’re going to start at the beginning with the base…
We’re going to start at the beginning with the base…
There’s a few different products that contribute to your base makeup to make it look sculpted, defined and flawless.
First up you’ve got primer, do not skip this step ever! A good primer will help give you the perfect canvas to work off. Whether you’ve got oily, dry or combination skin, finding the right primer will help keep your makeup looking perfect throughout the day.
Next up is foundation. A crucial step for most people but there are so many variations, formulas and brands out there for you to choose from. Pick a base that gives you the finish you prefer choosing from matte, dewy, satin and mineral.
Bronzer, contour products, blush and highlighter are all base additions to enhance your features. Choose a bronzer to give you that sun-kissed glow, a pop of blush to give you that fresh awake look, contour to define and sculpt the features and adding a touch of highlighter will give you a gorgeous glowing from within look.
Base Makeup Inspo
Not sure what direction to take for your base, then check out some of these gorgeous flawless skin base ideas.
1. Full Coverage – if you want to go for a full coverage base then there’s a few different products you need to include to give you that flawless finish. Full coverage is great for a night out as it helps you look super glam but is also more likely to stand up throughout the dancing, sweating in a club scenario.
Start with a long-wear primer to give you a good base to work from, something like the Max Factor Face Finity All Day Primer will do the trick.
Next up you need a full coverage liquid foundation. We love the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25H Foundation.
Apply your base products with a dry sponge, this way you’ll get a full coverage finish as the sponge won’t soak up any of your product but also distribute it evenly over the skin. The Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge is the perfect tool for the job.
2. Dewy Skin – if you want to create a gorgeous, fresh dewy skin look then you need to start out with good skincare.
Apply a super hydrating moisturiser before you start on your makeup to give your skin to plump and hydrate. Try the Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Hydragel Cream.
Next up if you have dry skin, apply a facial oil. If you get quite oily throughout the day anyway you can skip this step. We love the Oilixia Amazonian Cacay Facial Oil.
Don’t forget your primer! Choose a primer that is hydrating and illuminating. We recommend the W7 Prime Magic Anti Fatigue Brightening Face Primer.
Finally choose your foundation with care, you want to look for words like illuminating, glowing, dewy or healthy as they often mean they won’t look matte or flat on the skin. The best dewy finish foundation for us is the Bourjois Healthy Mix 16H Foundation.
Eye Makeup Inspo
Your eye makeup can really make a difference to your whole look, a super blended out shadow can give you gorgeous smouldering eyes in an instant. Check out our two favourite eye makeup looks if you need to ideas.
1. Bronze Smokey Eye – you can’t go wrong with a classic bronze smokey eye, they look super sexy on everyone. Try to find an eyeshadow palette with lots of warm toned browns, golds, mahogany and cranberry colours. We love the Bellapierre Cosmetics 12 Colour Pro Natural Eye Palette.
Invest in some good eyeshadow brushes, there’s nothing worse than brushes that don’t apply the product well or allow to blend. When it comes to a smokey eye the magic work is blend blend blend! LaRoc do a great brush set that includes face brushes as well as plenty of good quality eyeshadow brushes too!
To finish off your smokey eye add lashings of mascara and a liner in the water line. Top tip is to use a brown eyeliner pencil instead of black, it will make the whole look less harsh and sexier! Try the Maybelline Volume Express Colossal Mascara and the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Brown 003.
2. Winged Liner – the perfect winged liner can be difficult to perfect but once you’ve got it down it’s the most sophisticated eye makeup look. It just takes plenty of practise, you’re not going to get it right the first time but keep trying! Try to find an eyeliner with a super fine tip, the felt tip style liner as the easiest to use. We love the Max Factor Masterpiece High Precision Liquid Liner.
Keep the rest of your eye makeup pretty simple with a bone coloured shadow on the lid and plenty of mascara on the upper lashes.
1. Bold lip – if you want to make a statement with your makeup then a bold lip is the way to go! You can’t go wrong with a gorgeous bold red lip or a deep berry. There’s a couple of tips to help you apply a bold lip colour as it can be a disaster if it smudges.
First up, make sure you use a lip liner that is the same or similar colour to the lipstick you’re going to apply. This stops the lipstick from bleeding at the edges and keep it looking sharp. A lip liner will also help the lipstick last as long as possible. We love the W7 Lip Twister Lip Liner, they have plenty of colours available too!
If you really want some staying power, then choose a ‘matte’ finish lipstick. They don’t budge! The MAC Matte Lipsticks are amazing!
2. Gloss – Glossy lips are super on trend at the moment and they make you makeup look fresh, flirty and youthful. We love a clear gloss on top of your normal lipstick to give it an on trend update or just pop it straight onto your lips for a no makeup makeup look. Our favourite lip gloss is Maybelline Baby Lips Lipgloss!