If, like most of us, your skin has been left feeling dry, uncomfortable and looking a little dull thanks to the harsh Winter weather, then you’ll be glad to hear that Dermalogica, one of our favourite skincare brands here at Fragrance Direct, has come to the rescue with a new, intensively nourishing duo to restore your dry and depleted skin – Intensive Moisture Balance and Intensive Moisture Cleanser!
If you’re new to the brand, Dermalogica is the number one professional skincare brand in the UK and Ireland, and it comes as no surprise when you look closely at the products available. Developing products for everyone no matter what your skin type, colour or texture and focusing on skin health as opposed to ‘beauty’, there’s no fancy packaging and instead, it’s all about products that deliver real results using the latest scientific formulas and natural ingredients. Whether your skin is dry, oily, combination, sensitive, or you’re suffering with acne or uneven skin tone, Dermalogica has a range that is suited to you and that will work.
Dermalogica is known for developing innovative and highly effective products; our recent favourites are Rapid Reveal Peel, the professional-grade-at-home peel that exfoliates the skin and reveals brighter, healthier skin in just minutes, and Biolumin-C Serum, a highly concentrated Vitamin C serum that brightens and firms the skin. Both products are great if you’re looking to create a natural glow, and winter is a time when this is definitely needed.
In January, Dermalogica continued their streak of exciting product launches with a new and improved formula of its most popular dry-skin hero moisturisers, Intensive Moisture Balance, whilst also introducing a new addition to the Daily Skin Health range, Intensive Moisture Cleanser. These two products work together to nourish the skin and moisturise deeply to defend against dryness, which for a lot of people, can be a daily battle, not just in Winter! Both products are powered by the unique BioReplenish Complex™ which work to deliver a combination of key barrier lipids (a part of our skin’s naturally protective layer) that enhance the skin’s natural resilience and support the barrier’s recovery. Together, these innovative products can help make a huge difference to anyone suffering with dry skin.
If you’re wondering what else you can do to try and alleviate symptoms of dry skin you may be experiencing throughout the winter season, here are a few tips that should help:
• Cleansing your skin doesn’t mean you need to strip it of essential oils and existing moisture. If you’re left with skin that feels tight and dry, try switching to a creamy, nourishing cleanser such as Intensive Moisture Cleanser. Containing BioReplenish Complex™ combined with phytoactives from Coconut and Murumuru Seed Butter, this will help protect your skin’s natural barrier and preserve its natural resilience for a smoother feel after cleansing.
• After cleansing, use a hydrating serum or a masque, such as Skin Hydrating Masque. Containing Hyaluronic Acid (which holds 1000x its own weight in water!), this will leave your skin feeling refreshed, hydrated and healthier-looking.
• If your skin is feeling sensitive and looking a little red and inflamed in places, a cooling spritz of Ultracalming Mist will relieve and restore the skin’s balance whilst soothing and hydrating.
• Transform your skin by night with Sound Sleep Cocoon, a specially formulated gel-cream that hydrates, brightens and revitalises the skin overnight – the optimum time when skin is naturally recovering. The motion-activated scent of lavender will also help you relax and promote a deep and restful sleep.
• Gently exfoliate the skin to encourage cell renewal and improve your skins visible texture. Gentle Cream Exfoliant has a non-abrasive formula and contains aloe vera which will calm and soothe your skin leaving it feeling smooth and looking brighter.
Find out how dry your skin is and get personalised product recommendations using Dermalogica’s new Dry Skin Lens widget! Click here to try it.
To find out more about Dermalogica and shop the range of products available, click here.