Let’s be honest, weddings can be super stressful. There’s a million and one things to think about and you want everything to be perfect. Have you picked out your wedding fragrance yet? Smells can really connect to your memory so you’ll want to make sure you choose a scent that will instantly bring back all the beautiful moments from your big day. Let us give you a hand as we round up some of the best scents for a spring wedding. All these fragrances will be beautiful if you’re a bride to be or wedding guest so keep reading’
1. Marc Jacobs Daisy Kiss Eau So Fresh. This Marc Jacobs perfume is perfect for any spring/summer wedding, it is fun, floral and as the name suggest beautifully fresh. Introducing top notes of pear, raspberry and grapefruit this perfume is a gorgeous day time scent to keep you smelling sweet throughout your big day.
2. Gucci Bamboo. Next up we have a classic scent from Gucci; Bamboo. This perfume is sensual, romantic and bright, perfect if you are looking for something floral but not too sweet. Notes include sparkling Mediterranean citruses and white floral heart that will make you feel soft and romantic on your special day.
3. Jimmy Choo Illicit Flower. This Jimmy Choo perfume is for all those brides that are unafraid to break the rules and want something individual. Illicit Flower opens with voluptuous notes of apricot, zest of mandarin and floral notes of freesia yet in the base there is sensual woody notes of cashmeran and sandalwood. This scent is completely intoxicating and guaranteed to transport you back to your big day every time you catch the aroma.
4. Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely. This classic fragrance is described as a soft, powdery and intimate fragrance and majorly feminine. It’s the perfect scent for a spring wedding as it has notes of rosewood, lavender and white orchid that fuse together to create a discreet and delicate scent. If you want something that won’t overpower you on your wedding day then this is the one.
5. Paco Rabanne Olympea. Every bride wants to feel like a goddess on her big day and Paco Rabanne Olympea will make you feel just that! It is an utterly irresistible fragrance that will make you feel like a Queen. The fragrance has a mix of sensuality and freshness with notes of salty vanilla accord and floral ginger lily and hydroponic jasmine. Totally hypnotic!
6. Armani Si EDT. For the bride who wants to walk down the aisle smelling of roses. Armani Si is the perfect floral and feminine scent for every bride. The Eau De Toilette version is lighter than the original Eau De Parfum and therefore ideal for a spring wedding. Notes include blackcurrant, pear, neroli, floral freesia and rose.
7. Bulgari Rose Goldea. The newest addition to the Bulgari family, Rose Goldea is beautifully captivating. A spell-binding combination of Rose and White Musk that is deeply seductive and will anchor itself in your memory. The gorgeous rose gold bottle will be something you want to keep forever as a momentum of your big day.
8. Dolce and Gabbana Dolce Rosa Excelsa. Dolce Rosa Excelsa truly captures rose petals in bloom and is a symbol of love, beauty and romance, what could be more perfect for your wedding day? The perfume opens with notes of neroli leaves, papaya and white water lily moving through to heart notes of African dog rose and Turkish rose absolute.
9. Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream Blush. Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream Blush perfume is an airy blend of lush florals, a gorgeous fresh, light scent that’s perfect for the English spring/summer wedding. The fragrance is filled with notes of violet leaves, rose, and lily of the valley. This perfume is definitely one that lasts all day long.
10. Elie Saab Rose Couture. Elie Saab Rose Couture will make you feel like the most important woman in the world on your wedding day. Combining couture and perfume, this scent will be a real treat for your big day. The fragrance opens with floral poetry of peony-rose accord and luminous orange blossom mingles with jasmine and rose nectar to create a soft, floral scent.
There’s no better way to treat your mum this Mother’s Day than with some gorgeous, luxurious gifts. From beautiful fragrances to deluxe skincare gifts, we have it all. Get yourself set up for a pamper afternoon, your mum will love it and you’ll be in the good books all year!
All mum’s love a good pampering so why not treat her to a gorgeous bath and body set this year? We have some great luxurious ones on site but these are some of our favourites:
Baylis and Harding Fuzzy Duck Black Pepper and Sage Basket – £11.99
This Baylis and Harding Gift Set is the ultimate pamper treat, chic and stylish in neutral tones and accents of duck egg blue. The basket design of this set is perfect for storage once your mum’s done with all the products, bonus! The set includes Black Pepper & Sage body wash, Chamomile body butter and EVA body polisher.
Crabtree & Evelyn Caribbean Island Wild Flower Gift Set – £40.00
The box that this Crabtree & Evelyn gift set comes in is gorgeous gift in itself, your mum is definitely going to be reusing this when she’s done with all the lovely products inside! The Caribbean Island Wild Flower fragrance is a fruity and floral scent that combines tropical citruses, orange blossom, night blooming jasmine and palm leaves ‘ trust us it will send your mum off to that Caribbean Island for the afternoon. Set includes body lotion, moisturising hand therapy and a body wash.
Does your mum keep dropping hints about that new signature scent she’s after? Now’s the time to grab one of our amazing perfume gift sets and give her that little bit extra.
Valentino Donna Eau De Parfum Gift Set – £59.99
If you want to really splash out and treat your mum this year then this Valentino gift set is the one for you. The perfume is a subtle, light, unique scent with an alluring and profoundly Italian accord. Rose essence, generously blended with notes of bergamot and iris pallida, illuminates the fragrance. The gift set includes 50ml eau de parfum spray and 100ml body lotion.
Elie Saab Rose Couture Gift Set – £46.99 The Elie Saab fragrances are always a massive hit and this Rose Couture range is definitely going to be a winner with your mum. The fragrance is floral and woody but notes of orange blossom, jasmine, patchouli and cedar wood. The gift set is great value including 50ml of the perfume, a shower cream and a body lotion!
Stella McCartney Stella Gift Set – £34.95
The Stella McCartney gift set is beautifully feminine and sophisticated, designed as homage to the English rose in full bloom in a classic English garden (tell your mum that on Mother’s Day and she’s going to be seriously impressed with your perfumery knowledge!) The fragrance has notes of English roses, citrus and a warm amber base. If you’re looking for a gift set with something a bit different this one comes with two nail polishes!
We hope you all have a lovely day on the 26th and make the most of your lovely mum’s!
Rose gold is everywhere at the moment – on our jewellery, on our nails, on our desks. So why not put it on out face as well? Today we’re going to be showing you how to create this glam rose gold makeup look using products from the FD website.
Start by priming the skin using the L’Oreal Smoothing Primer – focussing mainly on the t-zone to fill in any pores and/or fine lines. Then, perfect the skin using the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation and buff it in with a buffing brush – conceal any imperfections using the Maybelline Better Skin Concealer and apply to the lids to help prime the eyes.
Next, set everything in place using the highlighting powder in the NARS Contour Duo and warm up the face using the deeper, contour shade from the same palette. Want to sharpen things up a little? Bake that contour with the Art Deco HD Powder. Add a subtle glow using the Technic Strobe Kit – the more the merrier.
For the eyes, using the Rimmel Glam Eyes Quad in Afternoon Tea, use the neutral matte shade in the crease to act as a transition shade. Follow up with the deep mauve shade in the palette and blend it on the outer corner of the eye and on the lower lash line. Add an inner corner highlight using the palest pink shade and blend out.
There’s a few products us here at FD would never been seen without at the gym! To all those gym bunnies out there heading to spin/yoga/hiit, you do not need to take the contents of your bathroom cabinet to the gym! You’ll never see us washing our hair with communal shower gel or sweating mascara tears! And hey you never know who you’re going to bump into! We’ve put together a list of products that make our ‘essential’ list’
1. Clean, clear skin is number 1. Keeping a pack of makeup wipes in your gym back is essential pre and post workout. Exercising in your makeup is a no go for keeping your skin in top condition; you’ll end up clogging your pores with makeup, grime and sweat (eww!). Make sure you remove as much of your makeup as possible before working out with some handy makeup wipes. These Yes To Cucumber wipes are great as they are perfectly gym bag sized. Once you’ve finished your session give your skin a quick wipe to remove any sweat from your skin as soon as possible.
2. Hey if you don’t want to go completely makeup free, we won’t judge! However panda eyes really aren’t a great look when working up a sweat in hot yoga. Try giving your lashes a quick curl and then add on a slick of waterproof mascara. This one from Collection is great as it’s completely clump-free.
3. Probably not best to head into the gym with a full pout. But definitely get some lip balm on to keep your lips hydrated and smooth. There’s nothing worse than trying to make it through that treadmill minute when your lips are chap and tight! EOS lip balms are so moisturising but also easy to keep at the bottom of your gym bag.
4. Obviously no gym back is complete without deodorant. But not all deodorants are created equally’ this one from Dove will help you stay smelling fresh even when you come out super sweaty!
5. Next up we have a super hydrating micellar water. Micellar water is great when you need a quick fix after a gym session, it will keep your skin fresh and cleansed. It’s also really handy as you don’t need to lug a bit cleansing routine with you! This one from Nuxe ‘Eau DÃ‡Â¸maquillante Micellaire is perfect.
6. If you have time to shower at the gym you don’t want to be carrying arounds loads of bottles. Get a two in one shampoo and conditioner to keep everything to a minimum. This Cowshed Lazy Cow Shampoo and Conditioner will get your hair clean in record time. Plus it has vitamins that will help keep your hair shiny and tangle free!
Some of our favourite products from the Murad range include:
7. Bobby pins! What girl doesn’t have thousands of bobby pins hanging around in the bottom of their bag? You can’t work out with your hair swinging around your face, get it all up and out of the way and fully secured! Get a huge box of grips and pins that will keep you fully stocked up.
8. If you’re in a mad rush after an intense work out you’re going to need something to boost your locks. Big Sexy Hair has this miracle working spray that sops up the grease and sweat but also adds volume in seconds!
9. If you need a quick makeup fix on the way out of the gym it’s usually best to stick to light, oil free products. You still need to allow your skin to recover so using a tinted moisturiser or BB Cream will be much more hydrating than a foundation.
10. We have a perfectly portable sized detangling brush that is going to work miracles when you get out of the gym. This one from Tangle Teezer glides through tresses without causing any breakage, particularly when your hair is at its most vulnerable (wet or sweaty). Voila you’re good to go!
Ok, you could go down the flowers and chocolates route this Valentine’s Day or you could push the boat out and choose something a bit more special (that won’t wilt after 3 days)! Get yourself in the good books this year and set the bar high! We’ve picked out some of our favourite fragrances that will be perfect for your loved one this Valentine’s Day. Plus there’s choices for him and for her (so no excuses)’ because guy’s we know you can do better than that last minute trip to the petrol station!
For her: BOSS The Scent for Her ‘ Now BOSS The Scent for her was literally made for Valentine’s Day! The seductive and luxurious fragrance is perfect for your wife or girlfriend, the aim of the scent is to attract your lover, it couldn’t be more appropriate! Plus the perfume smells amazing, with notes of honeyed peach, Tonka bean and freesia.
For him: BOSS The Scent ‘ To go along with the above is BOSS The Scent, a match made in heaven! This aftershave is all about awakening the senses with its seductive power. The scent is unrepentedly potent with notes of ginger, Maninka and virile leather. Your other half is bound to love it!
For her: YSL Mon Paris ‘ Mon Paris is all about capturing the spirit of an intense love affair, the perfect Valentine’s gift. It comes in a gorgeous glass bottle with pink juice and a black ribbon, bound to impress the woman in your life. Mon Paris is captivating with notes of patchouli, white rose and musk. If you want a little extra, why not splash out on the gift set?
For him: YSL L’Homme ‘ YSL L’Homme is a luxurious and woody fragrance that is instantly masculine on the skin. It has notes of bergamot, cedar wood and Chinese ginger to give it a smooth and rich scent. If you’re looking for something a bit extra, YSL always screams luxury!
For her: Paco Rabanne Olympea ‘ Paco Rabanne Olympea is for the victorious, strong and successful woman. It is utterly irresistible and bound to be a huge hit for the queen in your life! The fragrance includes notes of salty vanilla accord, fresh floral tones and oriental notes to create this Paco Rabanne signature. The perfume is sensual and magnetic. Olympea has chosen her hero, the champion Invictus’
Her him: Paco Rabanne Invictus ‘ This scent champions masculinity and strength, it is a powerful fragrance that is fresh and enduring. Perfect for the modern and exciting gentleman in your life. The scent is really fresh with notes of marine accord, grapefruit zest, bay leaf and patchouli. Plus it’s designed like a trophy, need I say more?
For her: Givenchy Live Irresistible ‘ Live Irresistible is the perfect fragrance for Valentine’s Day, it’s all about creating happy memories and seizing the moment! The perfume is a floral and fruity cocktail of rose, pimento berries and crisp pear notes. A guaranteed hit with the woman in your life!
For him: Givenchy Gentlemen Only – Gentlemen Only is a distinguished, charming and elegant fragrance for men. Its natural masculinity asserts itself through spicy aromatic notes that are invigorating and attractive. They reveal a seductive and unsettling sensuality with simplicity and nonchalance. A fragrance for a true gentleman!
The Fragrance Direct Winter Sale is here! We know you’re probably fed up of trawling through pages looking for the best bargains so we’ve rounded up our favourite products that have amazing discounts. Whether you can’t resist a bargain or you’ve had your eye on something for months, now’s the time to add it to your basket guilt free! We also have great some great perfume offers and aftershave deals for you to get stuck into, but be quick!
Marc Jacobs Daisy Gift Set 50ml.
First up we have the Marc Jacobs Daisy Gift set! This iconic fragrance is a favourite among many women and a £37.95 it’s an absolute steal! You can get the gift set for less than you would pay for the 50ml bottle and you also get a cute box and free body lotion!
Tigi Bed Head Anti Dotes Recovery Twin.
Next we have one of the Tigi Twins, this shampoo and conditioner is designed for dry, damaged hair that needs a hit of moisture. A massive 750ml shampoo and conditioner will last you for months and at £12.95 you can’t go wrong. Get those tresses in top condition!
Elemis Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm.
Elemis Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm is a powerful deep cleansing balm that dissolves makeup, daily grimes and pollutants instantly and is one of our all-time favourite brands! Infused with Rose and Mimosa waxes and nourishing Elderberry, Starflower and Otimega oils help keep the skin plumped and supercharged. This balm will leave your skin renewed for a glowing complexion.
Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Fragrance Free Cream.
Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream is in the sale!! Chapped hands, lips, dry skin? This cream is a miracle worker, no joke. It can be used pretty much anywhere to smooth and hydrate your skin. Once you’ve used this cream you’ll never be without it!
Vera Wang Princess Eau de Toilette 50ml.
Vera Wang Princess is the perfect fragrance for every carefree woman who knows she’s a princess, erm me?! The scent has notes of vanilla, water lily, apple, freshly squeezed mandarin and apricot making it the perfect fresh and sweet fragrance. Plus the bottle will look adorable on your dressing table!
John Paul Gaultier Le Male Christmas Gift Set.
Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male Gift set is the perfect gift for every single man, plus one of the most popular aftershaves. This particular gift set is for Christmas so why not get it now while it’s cheap and put it away for next year! You can pat yourself on the back for being super organised and know you’ve got a bargain!
Fake Bake Flawless Darker Self Tan Liquid.
Fake Bake Self Tan Liquid is a self-tan lover’s dream! This product is so easy to apply but also has new ingredients that make your tan last even longer. Bonus it also smells like tropical fruits!
Calvin Klein CK One Eye Makeup Remover.
CK One Eye Makeup Remover is one of the huge favourites here at FD. Its gentle formula is perfect for people with sensitive eyes and is completely oil free! It even removes waterproof eye makeup, what more could you want?
Escada Turquoise Summer EDT.
Escada Turquoise Summer perfume is one of the annual limited edition fragrances that Escada bring out every year. The scents are always so fresh and summery they’re just perfect for the warmer months. Why not stock up now and grab a bargain with this beautiful edition bursting with notes of pineapple, strawberry, blackcurrant and vanilla.
The sale won’t last forever, make sure you snap up the bargains now before it’s too late! Don’t miss out!