Outdoor events are finally on the horizon, which means it’s time to plan your new summer nails! Not only do they look great on the ‘gram, a set of bright, funky nails can instantly transform your mood into a summer state of mind too.
Whether you’re still creating those at-home manis or you need some inspo for your next salon appointment, we’ve got you covered. From fresh sets featuring shades of neon to pastel perfect prints, there’s a little something for every taste and skill level. Read on to find the latest and greatest nails worth copying this summer…
Pick And Mix
The pick and mix mani is every young girl’s dream. This funky set is a great way to combine an assorted mix of all of your favourite designs into one. It’s fun, it’s different and it will certainly turn heads no matter where you go. @nailartbychlo
This graphic yet simple nail art has taken over our feeds this year. Why not put your summer spin on the look and add some fresh, bright colours to the mix? Give it a retro vibe like these bright orange swirl nails we can’t get enough of! @nailartbychlo
We’re completely obsessed with these smiley nails this season. This positive look has been seen on the likes of Harry Styles and Dua Lipa, need I say more? Just save this for your next nail appointment, you won’t regret it… @nailchark
Have you seen anything sweeter? This manicure is giving us the ultimate summer energy we need this season. Just pick out a clear coat, your fave fruits and voila, you’ve officially got the tastiest nails ever. @nailsbyyagal
Love Is In The Air
Heart inspired nails have been popping up everywhere. This bold, pink set is giving us all the inspo we need for our next new look. If you’re a dab hand at nail art then give this try, if not, save this picture and show your nail tech! @nailsbydannimoore
If colourful and bold nails aren’t really for you, then a simple pop of colour to the tips of your nails is a great addition to have this season. Put a cute twist on a simple, classic mani and opt for a vivid colour like these. @harrietwestmoreland
Are you leaving it to the pro or giving your own mani a go? Discover our complete collection of nail products at Fragrance Direct, from cool colours to nail strengthening must-haves, we’ve got everything you could need and more for your next new look!
Sock curling, funky nail art, curtain fringes – it’s time to talk about all things viral beauty! From nail and hair trends to makeup and skincare must-haves, we’ve rounded up the ultimate weird and wonderful beauty trends that are really worth trying right now…
Thanks to TikTok’s latest viral trend, we can now create effortless, heat free curls without using any hair damaging tools. However to do so, you’ll have to use an item from your home that you probably wouldn’t expect. It’s socks! All you need is slightly damp hair and a random pair of socks – start by separating your hair into section and then weave the sock into a crisscross pattern, once your hair has dried, remove the sock from your hair and voila, you’ve created flawless curls that you’re going to love. With over 33 million views on TikTok, we think it’s time you gave this trend a go!
Funky Nail Art
A fresh manicure is a perfect way to add a little something extra to your outfit. While we will always love a classic french manicure and the perfect pop of nude, why not try something a little more adventurous for your next manicure? From subtle nail art detailing to bold funky designs, there is something for everyone with this season’s most stylish nail trends. Life is certainly too short for boring nails so try out our incredible nail range today!
The 90’s are officially back! If you’ve been holding onto those quintessential claw clips then you’re in luck, they’re trending almost everywhere at the moment, from the likes of Bella Hadid and Hailey Bieber, they’re making a big statement this season. Find your inner Rachel and Monica and try out this wonderful new throwback trend now!
The 70’s are serving up some seriously fab fashion inspo lately. From super suede coats to flashy flared trousers, what’s not to adore about the 70’s stylespiration? But it’s time the fashion moved over and let 70’s beauty world take over, with dreamy orange tones and clear lip glosses, we’re moving onto curtain fringes too! Full, thick and swishy, curtain fringes are currently all over everyone’s social feeds, this statement hairstyle is perfect for someone looking for a fab new look!
Gua Sha Facial
Gua sha is a natural, alternative therapy that involves scraping your skin with a massage tool to improve your circulation. This ancient Chinese healing technique offers a unique approach to better health, addressing issues like chronic pain and encourages blood circulation too. With a gua sha tool you can create the ultimate at home luxury facial, just grab your favourite face oil and watch your facial tension reduce. This new trend comes with many wonderful benefits including lymphatic drainage, so go on, what are you waiting for? Give this trend a try and restore your sense of calm and tranquility…
Freckles are the biggest beauty trend on the world wide web. With more and more social filters incorporating freckles into their Instagram filters and countless tutorials on TikTok showing you how to achieve a cute constellation of faux pigment freckles across your cheeks and nose, beauty fanatics can now use henna, bronzer and fake tan to create the ultimate faux freckle look! If you’re on the hunt for the perfect tutorial, just do a quick internet search and try out some freckle fun!
Whether you’re trying to save money or going to the salon just isn’t an option, there’s no better time than now to master your very own manicure at home, so if you’re devoted to DIY nails then follow our easy guide to creating the ultimate manicure from the comfort of your own home…
Step 1: Prep
If you’re longing for those salon-worthy nails then it’s vital that you do as the pros do by spending as much time prepping your nails as you do polishing them. This means clipping your nails if necessary and filing and buffing. For a gorgeously smooth nail, gently move your file in one direction to ensure that your tips are either square, round or somewhere in between. The LaRoc 12 Piece Manicure Kit features a selection of nail tools, perfect for keeping your nail in tip-top condition!
Another crucial part of prepping is using a nail polish remover to make sure any excess polish has been removed. Sally Hansen’s Strengthening Nail Polish Remover quickly takes off all polish, whilst providing essential nutrients to help strengthen your nails and moisturise your cuticles too. Just run a cotton pad of remover over each nail to rid of any oils or dirt that could warp your polish.
Step 2: Care
To achieve a long-lasting nail look, it’s important that you take care of your nails with products that provide strengthening and growth ingredients. Sally Hansen’s Growth Maximum Nail Care ensures your nails growth process speeds up whilst protecting your nails, ensuring that they can grow to their fullest potential!
Who doesn’t love a delicate hand massage whilst having their nails done? We know we sure do! It’s important to moisturise before you polish to avoid smudging your almost-dry nails polish later. Dr PawPaw’s Age Renewal Hand Cream Orange & Mango offers a fresh scented moisture boost that provides a replenishing formula, feeding your skin with essential ingredients, whilst soothing palms and combatting signs of ageing.
Step 3: Polish
You’ve finally reached the fun part! Apply a coat of your colour of choice, making sure your brush reaches the bottom of the nail, right down to the cuticle and into the corners of your nail. Making sure that you apply maximum coverage on your first coat makes the second coat a breeze. If you’re on the hunt for the ultimate gel-nail dupe in a large shade range then try out Rimmel’s SuperGel, this polish provides gorgeous nails, from the comfort of your own home.
Before you finish, don’t forget to apply a second coat of polish and be sure to pop a top coat on too. Top coats are vital for protecting your manicure from chipping and adding a splash of shine to your nails. Sally Hansen’s Miracle Gel is perfect for giving your nails a mirror-like gleam that you get from the salon!
Beauty Box Bonus:
Feeling a little lazy and don’t want to shop around for individual nail products? Why not try our Nailed It Beauty Box! Packed with six vital perfect nail products, this set features everything you could need and more for ultimate at-home manicure, with two colour choices and some extras… We really have Nailed It.
There’s just no better feeling in the world than indulging in a good old-fashioned pampering session, if, like us you’ve grown accustomed to regular facials, pedis, or spray tans, you might be interested to know that you don’t necessarily have to leave the house in order to get salon-worthy results, and with more free time than ever, there’s no better chance than now to carry out your very own at-home beauty treatments! Read on to find out our at-home beauty roundup!
Missing your all important eyelash and brow tinting appointments? Don’t worry, we’ve got the ultimate at-home treatment to see you through lockdown. Julienne’s 5 piece Eyelash Tinting Kit is the easy way to achieve long lasting defined lashes and brows in just a few easy steps. Amplify the appearance of your lashes and brows using this water resistant formula that lasts up to 6 whole weeks. It’s even suitable for sensitive eyes and those with contact lens’ too!
Regular trips to the salon provides us with silky soft hair, but with our favourite beauty hot spots shut, we’ve had to turn to our beloved hair masks. Revuele’s Oil Therapy Hair Mask actively nourishes, intensively soothes the scalp and protects your hair from dryness and flaking. With the cold, dry weather we’re having at the moment, our hair has never needed an oil infused hair mask more! So shop the Oil Therapy Hair Mask today at a bargain price…
In need of the ultimate exfoliation? Urban Veda has got you covered! The Qyurvedic Dry Body Brush is not only vegan and sustainably produced, it’s cactus sisal fibre brussels help to detoxify the body and stimulate lymphatic drainage. Create your new hassle free body care routine and dry brush your skin in one simple step, we promise your skin will be glowing outside and in!
We’ve all got those awkward places on the face where you don’t want hair to be growing – upper lip, jawline, chin, whatever it is, Nad’s Hair Removal Hair Strips can help you out! Formulated with natural beeswax for strong adherence, the strips make waxing look easy and hassle-free! It’s time to look your very best for those important Zoom calls, and leave your skin feeling silky smooth for weeks!
We’re sure that nails are probably at the top of your lists of things that you miss, that’s why we’ve created the ultimate beauty box filled with everything you need for your lockdown nail appointment. FD Beauty’s Nailed It Beauty Box features 6 amazing products including Sally Hansen Cuticle Care Vitamin E Nail and Cuticle Oil, Sally Hansen Maximum Growth Nail Care, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Polish in Buff & Tumble, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Polish in Petal to the Metal, Price’s Amber Tin Candle 120g, Scottish Fine Soaps Shea & Buttermilk Hand & Nail Cream 30ml. Give yourself the perfect pamper session now!
Pamper your feet from heel to toe with the BARBER PRO Foot Peel Treatment. Discover this innovative dual-layered booties to help remove hard skin and calluses. Powered by Salicylic Acid and an advanced complex of 16 botanical and fruit extracts, including Lavender, Rosemary and Gingko Biloba, the revitalising treatment renews feet for restored softness and hydration!
The time has come to kick those bad habits and start thinking about what you want to change for this brand new year! The first week in January is all about reassessing and making a load of New Year’s resolutions that you absolutely are going to stick to this year (ahem *new year, new me* you can do this!) When it comes to taking care of yourself, your beauty routine has got to be up there as a priority, it’s not just about the way you look but also the way you feel. Now you don’t need to go huge with these resolutions, I mean what’s the point in saying you’re going to hit the gym 7 days a week? Don’t set yourself up to fail, you just need a few small changes that you can feel proud you’ve accomplished by the end of the year.
1. Cut down on heat styling. We all know using curling tongs, straighteners, heated brushes and hair dryers can frazzle our hair and leave us with dry and damaged locks. So let’s put down the tools every once in a while and give our hair a break. Why not try leaving your hair in all its natural glory throughout the week and then style it up for the weekends? Try adding this Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque once a week to give your hair a much need moisture boost!
2. Take your makeup off before bed. Every single person already knows you should do this, but for 2017 can we all try and make sure it happens, every-single-night! Leaving makeup on while you sleep is disastrous for your skin as it can lead to clogged pours, blemishes, dull skin and also halts your skin’s natural regeneration process. No thank you! These Yes To Blueberries cleansing wipes are great for a quick removal and also moisturize at the same time. Bonus!
3. Don’t neglect a cleanser. Although we just said swiping off your makeup with a cleansing wipe is fine (it is) but also don’t forget to regularly use a gently exfoliating cleanser to keep your skin in top condition. You need to buff away the dead skin from your face every few days to make sure you stay glowy and fresh. Using a cleanser and muslin cloth is great for this as it’s really gentle on the skin. We suggest Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Exfoliating Cleanser for this.
4. Use a daily moisturiser with SPF. SPF is so important for keeping the skin protected against the harsh rays and also UV damage. That’s all year round people, not just when you’re lay by a pool! Stay looking younger for longer by lathering on that SPF, if you use a moisturiser that includes it you don’t even really need to think about it! This one from Clinique is great Clinique Super Defence Moisturiser SPF20.
5. Drink more water. Another boring one but we all know it has to go in everyone’s New Year’s Resolutions. But seriously, it can change your life! Your skin will be better, you’ll feel more awake, more productive, you’ll have more energy, the list goes on’ Just do it!
6. Regularly clean your makeup brushes. Regularly cleaning makeup brushes is so much easier said than done but it really needs to be included in your routine. When it comes to what you use on your skin it’s totally worth it to make sure you’re getting the best application but also that you’re not packing a load of dirt and grime on your skin. Washing makeup brushes once a week is the recommended but as long as you’re doing it a couple of times a month I think we should be fine! This Royal Cosmetic Brush Cleaner is a great tool to help you.
7. Give your nails a break. We’re all obsessed with manicures, gel manicures, acrylics but the truth is every now and again we need to give our poor nails a break. Give yourself a month off every few months and let your nails recover, take in some vitamin d and generally rejuvenate. This Sally Hansen Maximum Growth Plus contains plenty of vitamins and will help the condition of your nails to make them healthier and stronger.
8. Throw out old makeup. A lot of people aren’t aware that makeup does actually have a shelf life and it’s usually between 6 and 12 months. So for the New Year have a clear out of your makeup bag. If you’ve been hoarding products for years, the truth is they’re probably well past their use by date. Old makeup can attract bacteria so say goodbye to that 5 year old mascara, are you really going to miss it? I think not!
9. Get your hair trimmed every 6-8 weeks. Your hair is your crowning glory after all and you need to make sure it’s in the best condition possible. Getting regular trims will help to keep hair healthy but also minimise any further damage. Get those appointments booked in! Tigi Bed Head Anti Dotes Recovery twin is a great shampoo and conditioner duo that will also aid towards keeping those locks strong and healthy.
10. Start introducing Anti-Aging products into your routine. Don’t be put off by the words anti-aging; it is never too early to start thinking about minimising those aging signs. Incorporating these products into your daily skincare regime will do wonders in the long run and you don’t want to be left regretting not starting earlier in 10 years’ time! It is much easier to prevent signs than reverse! This Derma V 10 Anti Ageing Night Cream is great for anti-wrinkle and firming the skin.
Let’s all get off to a great start for 2017 and try to pick up a few good habits rather than bad! Good luck everyone!
It’s official: Fashion month is SS17 is here! We’re majorly excited about all the fashion, hair, makeup and FROW action. There’s nothing like the buzz of backstage and we’ve had a look at all the beauty trends that have been coming out onto the catwalk this season. From Topshop Unique’s Brook Shields inspired brows to Burberry’s bare faced beauty we’ve got a roundup of all our favourite looks so far!
PPQ kicked off on Friday with daring pops of colour on the lips of all the models. The girls wore a custom lilac shade created by Lord & Berry especially for the show that gave a gorgeous feminine look. Throughout the show the overall look was paired back beauty with a bold lip to contrast against the designs.
Bora Aksu was an utter frill fest! Look of the day was ultra feminine designs including ruffles, tulle and lace therefore it’s no surprise that the models’ makeup was very minimal and natural. With soft pink hues on the cheeks and barely there nude lipstick it was all very no makeup makeup. We’re obsessed with this look, anything to save an extra 10 minutes in the morning!
Julien Macdonald’s show had mega FROW action with Abbey Clancy, Ella Eyre, Tom Daley and Amber Le Bon all in attendance. Not to mention Hailey Baldwin opening and closing the show – AND it was held on a basketball court! The whole collection was pure glamour with cut outs, sequins and thigh high splits so it’s no surprise the makeup was equally as glamourous. They had dark smoky eyes with a bright highlight in the inner corners with plenty of smudgy liner. The skin was super dewy with a bronzey glow and a nude gloss on the lips. Not forgetting lashings of body oil!
Also presenting on Saturday was House of Holland which had a strong makeup look for the show. The skin was flushed and dewy, with heavy black liner applied to the lower lash line and top lashes coated with mascara. Lips were nude and brows left untamed. Backstage was full of spray tan booths as the models were dusted with St Tropez Instant Dark tan before stepping out.
Emilia Wickstead welcomed a touch of lightness with pretty, floral and delicate cottons. For this simple and floaty style the makeup look was very natural and elegant, with the purity of the skin being the main focus. The base was dewy and pale with a hint of colour on the cheeks, the lips a rosy pink and eyes bare.
Versus Versace saw Bella Hadid take centre stage (along with Gigi and Zayn in the front row to cheer her on!) The brand went all out rock chick with the show featuring biker leathers and ripped denim. The makeup was all about the eyes with grassy green lids and full, strong brows on some and bold eye popping colours on the lips for others.
Preen was all about whimsical beauty with the models embellished with delicate flowers down the sides of their faces. A festival of colour throughout the collection was also show with the addition of the flowers on the face, neck and chest, although underneath the face was bare with no makeup at all allowing the natural beauty to shine through.
Another big hit on Sunday was the Mary Katrantzou show. The makeup look was offset by the bold designs and a statement lip. Each model had a minimal and natural base with a stamped on mouth, in different fluoro-bright shades of bold orange, hot pink or tomato red.
Next on the list was Topshop Unique. The makeup artist behind all the magic, Hannah Murray, was inspired by Brooke Shield brows, wet-look eyes in a burgundy hue and 90s mink pink lips. Along with the 80s power hair, the look was done the model way with a soft and sexy finish.
Another designer that used a strong kohl on the lower lash line was Temperley London, created by the legendary Val Garland for Rodial. Along with the smoked out liner was a flawless, dewy base with the tiniest flush of colour on the cheeks. This elegant makeup look complimented the vibrant and fun collection.
So that’s the roundup of our favourite beauty looks from the Spring/Summer 17 so far and it seems this season we’ll be focusing on that perfect glowy skin and perfecting the art of sticking flowers on our faces! We’ll get practising’ Images sourced from Vogue.com, Elle.com and Topshop.co.uk.