Long-lasting foundations, bold lipsticks and must-have mascara’s, who doesn’t love Rimmel?
Express your truest self with Rimmel London. Whether your vibe is glam and smokey or sheer and natural, Rimmel’s collection of face, lip and eye makeup has every look covered, so read on to find our top picks from Rimmel right now!
Who doesn’t love a high-intensity lip colour that sweeps over your lips and offers a luxurious velvety matte finish? Creamy and bold, this lightweight lipstick delivers full coverage in one single stroke! If you’re after something kiss-proof, touch-proof and waterproof then this long-lasting lipstick will do just that. Raw Embrace, a personal fave here at FD, is the perfect ruby red to make your lips pop too!
It’s time to ace your base with the Rimmel Lasting Radiance Foundation. This lightweight, anti-pollution liquid foundation instantly illuminates the skin with a medium coverage on the skin. Banish your pores and allow your inner glow to shine through with this must-have formula! Priced at £3.95, this bargain beauty is the perfect pick-me-up when you’re feeling low.
Showcase your radiant complexion with this must-have Highlighting Palette by Rimmel! This clever combo features three powder shades – a highlighter, shading powder and blush. Developed using a luxurious formula, this highlighter seamlessly blends with your natural skin tone to create a contoured look. Use this product when you’re on the go and need a quick beauty touch up throughout the day!
Available in three different creamy shades, Rimmel’s Insta Conceal & Contour Palette is the ultimate kit that camouflages different tones and discolorations on your face, allowing you to sculpt and define cheekbones. Create a naturally flawless base that lasts no matter what time of day it is with this delightful duo priced at an incredible £2.50!
Coloured liner is so on trend right now and Rimmel’s Wonder’ Swipe Liner & Shadow can help you achieve the ultimate dramatic eye look! Its breakthrough 2-in-2 formula will take your eye look to the next level, transforming your bold metallic liner into a sparkle shadow with the stroke of a finger. This multi-tasking wonder allows you to create show-stopping looks that last up to 10 hours! Sounds like a bit of you? Shop today at Fragrance Direct.
Who doesn’t love a 2 in 1 product? We know we sure do! Create the perfect primer base that allows your makeup to lock into place, ready for the day ahead. This quick-drying formula doesn’t feel dry or tight so no need to panic! Top tip: If your makeup is looking a little dry and flakey then have a spritz of this setting spray to refresh your base and create a natural glow…
Sometimes we all need a little help from the cover up department, whether you’ve woken up with an almighty spot or you’re suffering from a case of discoloration then Rimmel’s Hide The Blemish will do just the job! This creamy concealer stick blends easily to camouflage dark circles and blemishes, leaving you with flawless skin. With excellent staying power, you can count on at least 5 hours of coverage!
Party season is looking a little different this year – your dazzling dress has taken a backseat and you’ve swapped out your high heels for silky-soft slippers. But with more free time than ever, there’s no better way to experiment with your makeup than now!
We’ve gathered the most impressive looks we could find, just for you. So read on to recreate and earn all the compliments during your virtual New Years Eve party this year!
Go Bold Or Go Home
You might be under the impression that you can’t rock a bright and bold eye at the same time as a bold lip, but you’re wrong. Take it from Rihanna, nothing says NYE glam more than a sparkling OTT eye and a bright red lip. We recommend picking out colours that compliment each other and pack on the shadow using a fluffy blending brush. If you’re looking for the perfect palette then use La Roc’s Artistry Book Palette which includes every single shade you could ever need!
Our feeds are flooded with them and they’re so on trend right now, I think it’s safe to say we’re all a fan of those big and bold bushy brows, but some of us just weren’t blessed by the brow gods and they need a little extra help. That’s why the Maybelline Tattoo Brow Pomade Pot should be first on your list for those beautifully bold brows. Use this product first to fill in the gaps where the hair isn’t so thick. After that, use the Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara, this foolproof formula coats brows in rich colour, helping you achieve a sleek and structured look.
Gloss And Repeat
The 90s are officially back and glossy lips are in full force. Say goodbye to matte lipstick and hello to lip gloss! Here at FD we’re obsessing over Sosu’s Lip Gloss that comes in seven different shades, so if you’re feeling fun, you could even switch up your colours throughout the night. If you’re looking for more of a defined lip, then line your lips with a nude liner of your choice!
Colourful and outrageous eye liners having been trending all year now, so what better way to try it out than New Years Eve! This look by dmv.makeupartistry on Instagram pairs a neon green eyeliner with a toned down, natural look to really make the eyes stand out. If you’re someone that struggles with liner then position a piece of tape by your eye as a stencil, then carefully place the product along the tape, this trick will help you nail your look every single time! Rimmels Wonderswipe Liner in the shade My Bae is perfect for this look!
There really is no better time to rock all things gold than NYE. Here Gigi Hadid teams a sleek black liner with a glowing blend of warm golden tones. Pair your lids with a shimmering highlighter to really make your skin pop. Here at FD we’re obsessed with Maybelline x Gigi Hadid’s West Coast Strobing Liquid, finish your look off by adding a small amount to your cheekbones and nose.
Finally, you can shop our full range of makeup productshereand thank you for reading, we hope you’ve enjoyed this post! Come and take a look at the incredible fragrance and beauty brands we stock!
Wearing a bright and bold lipstick can be something of a burden and if you aren’t used to wearing it, a bit of a tricky prospect. It’s constantly at the back of your mind whether you’re on a date, in an interview or on a night out and the urge to whip out the hand mirror 30 times an hour is overwhelming. Applying a bold lip effectively requires a step by step process, which may seem like a big chunk of your makeup routine but once you’ve got it down to a fine art you’ll be rocking that lip effortlessly at every event!
We’ve devised the best way to keep that colour looking perfect for hours so keep on reading!
1. Exfoliate. Exfoliating your lips is essential for making sure you don’t get lipstick clinging to any dry or flaky areas of the lips. Scrub the lips with a small amount of brown sugar mixed with honey, the best thing to do is to include this in your weekly routine (we suggest twice a week to keep lips in top condition, removing dead skin and leaving you with a smooth base).
2. Moisturise. Next up it’s essential that the lips are well moisturised, any chapped or dry lips will significantly affect the finish and longevity of any bold lipsticks. Keep a hydrating lip treatment close by at all times, we suggest EOS Lip Balm to nourish and plump lips!
3. Prime. Priming the lips before applying a strong colour is essential as you want smooth and perfect base, much the same as using as makeup primer. It will increase the longevity of any lip colour and keep in from bleeding or feathering on the lips. We suggest this one from Sally Hansen as it includes an antioxidant formula of jojoba, sunflower and Moroccan oil which will also aid in keeping the lips hydrated.
4. Line. Now we all know with any lipsticks that we are supposed to line the lips and by no surprise it is essential for when you are applying that bright lippy. A lip liner is the most effective product for enhancing the lipstick and keeping it from budging all day long. You can use a lip liner to enhance the natural shape of your lips and create the appearance of a fuller lip. If you’re a big make up hoarder (guilty!) then you may have plenty of different lip liners to match all the lipsticks you own, however if you want one that will work for all lip colours then you need to go for a flesh toned shade. We suggest the Mii Alluring Lip Liner in Caress as its super creamy and easy to apply.
5. Tone. Ok now we get to the actual lip colour and the tone! Not all shades will flatter your skin tone so it’s best to make sure you know which one will work for you. If your skin has a pink undertone then it’s best to go for a blue toned lipstick like this one from MAC (Ruby Woo). A warmer tone will work best for those with a yellow undertone to the skin, like this one from MAC (So Chaud).
6. Application. When applying a bold lipstick it is important to keep the application as precise as possible. Using a lip brush will make it much easier than directly from the bullet, it will also help prevent mistakes and smudging. The best technique is to apply thin layers on product and then build up; this will also help with longevity. Start by following the outline of your lips and then blend into the centre to keep application looking professional. This retractable one from Real Techniques will work perfectly.
7. Blot. Once you have built up your desired colour and are happy with the application, blot blot blot. If you can get your hands on blotting tissues then they work better as they soak excess product without removing any pigment. These from Purederm are perfect and are also purse friendly, bonus! If you haven’t got blotting paper, then regular tissue will work as a substitute. By blotting the lips you will cement the pigment in place and prevent bleeding or settling in the creases.
8. Tidy. To clean up the edges of your lip line, use a bit of concealer on a thin lip brush. This will really make the lip colour standout and give you that professional finish, it’s also great for concealing any tiny mistakes! This concealer palette from W7 is great as it includes the tiny brush for application and the formula is really creamy and easy to apply.
9. Lock. Finally, the last step to perfecting the bold lip colour is fixing. A clear top coat will hold that colour in place for hours and prevent and transfer or smudging. The best one to use is this Technic Clear Gloss. If you want to keep your lipstick looking matte then you can dust some translucent powder over the lips and this will also lock the colour in place. Try this Technic Colour Fix Loose Powder.
Now try out these vibrant shades!
The Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick is one of our all time favourite lipsticks. It’s super pigmented giving a rich, lasting colour and the ‘Glamourous Red’ shade is the perfect, deep red for all skintones. Tip: Apply Lipcote on top to keep your pout as bright as ever all day long.
For those of you that prefer a matte finish, the Rimmel Apocalips Matte Lip Lacquer is the go-to product for just that. Our favourite shade is ‘Burning Lava’, a strong, deep, blue red ‘ pairing this with the right lip liner will give you an extra bold look. Tip: create a quick lip scrub with sugar, honey and olive oil before applying to prevent the matte formula drying out your lips and sitting in the creases.
Bewitching Coral is a safer tone for those who like it a little more low key. The warm pink tones make it a gorgeous, summery shade for most skintones. We love how the Max Factor Long Lasting Collections Lipstick stays put all day and leaves a silky soft finish to your lips. Tip: Apply a clear gloss over this shade in the Summer months for an extra pop!
This one’s a shade for those who dare! The L’Oreal Color Riche Made for Me Lipstick in Violet Saturne is a deep, plum toned brown and a colour to make a statement with during the evening. We love this one for a goth-goes-glam look. Tip: Lightly dab a lighter shade in the middle of your lips to create a subtle ombrÃ‡Â¸, making lips look more voluptuous.
Rock N Mauve
A favourite for Spring, the L’Oreal Caresse lipstick in Rock N Mauve is a subtle rose tone pink and is really pretty on those with paler skin tones, or for when you want to go a little more natural but still with a pop of colour ‘ and did we mention it’s flavoured? Win! Tip: Line with a lipliner one shade darker to bring the colour to life.
Une Sheer Lips
Lip glosses are the in-thing again, and Bourjois’ range of Une Sheer Lips Lip glosses is one of our favourite high street offerings, with the perfect balance of light and moisturizing rather than sticky. To brighten up a nude look with a glossy finish, Bourjois’ Une Sheer Lips has a shade for everyone. Tip: Line with a nude lipliner to keep lips looking strong and fuller.