Here at Fragrance Direct we love travelled size minis, so we decided to discuss some of our favourites. Mini’s are great for testing out a new product if you have never used it before, they are great if you have run out of your favourite product and you can’t make it till pay day or if you are going on holiday, fitting all your essentials in can be hard so these minis are perfect!
Today we are going to look at the essentials and recommendations for any products to try out. So, our first essentials perfect for any holidays or festivals you have planned this summer would be Dermalogica’s 15ml precleanse balm with applicator. This handy balm has a nourishing formula that cuts through make-up, sunscreen and oil- based debris. This affordable mini is a highly rated product which you can rely on to clean your skin.
Our next essential would be the Balance Me 10ml Radiance Face Oil which will give your skin all the nourishments it needs. Amazonian Buriti Nut Oil is rich in essential fatty acids, which help improve skins firmness, hydration and tone as well as having rosehip oil and chamomile oils which improves uneven skin tones and pigmentation and have anti-inflammatory and calming properties making this a handy product to have without whether you might be.
The Fudge hair products have had really good reviews and there 50ml selection is great value for money. The Fudge Clean Blonde Damage Rewind Violet Shampoo and the Fudge Cool Brunette Blue-Toning Shampoo effectively clean, refresh, repair and strengthen dyed hair.
L’Oreal’s 7ml False lash Wings Mascara is a great one to take with you, giving you that extra exaggeration on your eyelashes. This product works on volumizing them at the roots and adding to the lashes to give you a winged eye effect.
Clinique’s Pop Matte Lip Colour and Primer is a weightless, pigmented-saturated formula in a range of lovely colours perfect for summer. This product has a lasting creamy matte finish and with its built-in formula is helps smooths lips, a favourite would be the shade ‘Blushing Pop’.
Lastly if you were wanting a travel sized 30ml fragrance to take away with you which was the perfect summer scent the new launch from the YSL Black Opium Family, Exotic Illusion would be a great choice! With warming vanilla, jasmine and orange blossom scent this is a new favourite it’s a beautifully designed bottle.
We all know how important it is to keep our skin protected from the harmful rays of the sun, but we can often be guilty of forgetting about our hair! The sun can wreak havoc on our locks just as much as our skin, leaving it dry, frazzled and damaged (not the look we’re going for!). Here are our top tips for keeping your hair safe in the sun.
1. Conditioner is your best friend. While the sun is drying out your hair, make sure you help restore it with plenty of conditioner in the warmer months. It will help keep the hydration levels in your hair up and bring it back to life after a day on the beach. If you’ve been splashing in and out of the pool all day, try adding a leave in conditioner to really lock in that moisture as chlorine will also aggravate the situation.
Toni & Guy Nourish Conditioner for Damaged Hair.
Charles Worthington Moisture Seal Leave in Conditioner.
2. Sunscreen Serum. Plenty of hair serums also include an SPF, now this is perfect for when you’re out in the sun all day. They will help stop the sun from making your hair brittle and therefore snapping off or splitting.
Malibu Dry Oil Spray SPF20
Charles Worthington Takeaways Sunshine Protector
3. Try to avoid heat as much as you can. Your hair is already taking a bit of a beating from the sun so try to avoid as much additional heat as possible. Embrace your natural hair and let it air dry if you can, if not then go for the cool setting on your hair dryer. This also goes for styling tools; try to steer clear of straightening irons and curling tongs!
4. Care for your colour. If you have coloured your hair you’ll need extra protection in the sun, as the sun’s rays can really fade your colour. Having coloured hair, particularly lightened, also makes the hair dryer to you’ll need to make sure you’re using plenty of conditioner as mentioned above. Try selecting products that are specifically suited to coloured or treated hair as they tend to have ingredients to keep colours looking vibrant and hydrated.
Tigi Bed Head Colour Goddess Duo ‘ Shampoo and Conditioner
5. Go natural! Avocado, olive oil and coconut oil all help keep your hair naturally moisturised, they aid in the retention of water that your hair is exposed to either in the air or the shower. Try mixing up your own hair mask and apply once a week throughout the summer months.
6. Tame the frizz. Warmer climates can be a nightmare for people with naturally frizzy hair, trying to control this will help your hair retain moisture and stop it going extra dry. Try adding in an anti-frizz curl cream to help maintain your locks and keep them conditioned.
Alterna Bamboo Smooth Anti-Frizz Curl Defining Cream
7. Know when to wash. You probably already know it’s not the best idea to wash your hair every day, this is even more important in the summer months. Shampooing every day removes all the natural oils you produce that are designed to protect your hair and keep it healthy. Washing once every couple of days with a hydrating shampoo and conditioner is the best option to stop your hair from drying out.
L’Oreal Elvive Nurti Gloss Shampoo
8. Regular trims. Split ends and breakage can be more visible in the warmer months as they hair naturally appears dryer. Keeping up with regular trims will help keep the hair looking healthy and full and also improve the condition.
Now you’re fully equipped to protect your hair from damage this summer, if all else fails keep your hair tied up and under a super stylish wide brimmed hat! Here at Fragrance Direct we are fully supporting Sun Awareness Week (8th May ‘ 15th May), take a look at all our sun protection products and after-sun’s here and make sure you’re protected against those rays!
Is it just us or is packing for holiday the most stressful part? It’s so hard to decide which how many hair, makeup or body products you’ll need! You have to think of baggage limitations, multipurpose products and it can all just be a bit of a headache. To lighten the load we’ve worked out a fail safe beauty packing list to make sure you’re always looking your most gorgeous in those beach selfies!
1.When packing a cleanser for a week in the sun you need to make sure it can cover all bases; stubborn enough to remove SFP but gentle enough to soothe any stinging skin. The Elemis Soothing Chamomile Cleanser is perfect as its cooling cleansing milk removes all impurities whilst also de-stressing the skin from a day of sun, sea and sand!
2.Now a good SPF is essential and the Hawaiian Tropic creams just smell of summer holidays! Not only do they smell amazing but this Silk Hydration Face lotion is perfect for keeping skin moisturised as well as protected. If like us you don’t like putting normal sun creams onto your face this 50ml bottle will last you all week and bonus, its handbag friendly!
3.Your skin can go through a bit of a battering on holiday, with the plain air-con sucking the life out of your skin, the scorching temperatures and all the product you’ll be slapping on throughout the day. So overnight make sure to replenish, Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Gentle Hydrating Cream will provide continuous much needed moisture.
4.For the inevitable sun burn, or even if you don’t often burn, skin will still need some nourishing relief after a day in the heat. Slap on the Piz Buin After Sun Soothing lotion to help alleviate any symptoms, it will also help prevent peeling and prolong tan! Bonus!
5.We all know the drill ‘ spend all day by the sea, achieving those gorgeous natural beach waves. But you need to make sure you’re still looking after your tresses so using a caring, moisture boosting shampoo is essential. Organix Weightless Hydration Coconut Water Shampoo replenishes any lost oil and rejuvenates those dehydrated strands to leave you with luscious, shiny locks. Paired with the conditioner from the same range, this will work wonders!
6.Skin tends to clear up and look a whole lot healthier on holiday, so the last thing you want to be doing is slapping on heavy, full coverage foundations. Opt for a tinted moisturiser, slightly darker than your natural (untanned) complexion, as they are much lighter and fresher on the skin. Rodial Instaglam Skin Tint will give you a healthy glow whilst also providing long lasting hydration.
7.We all want to amp up that glorious, sun kissed glow when we’re away and the W7 Double Act Face Powder Bronzer/Blush is amazing! Multi use products are the key to getting it all in and this bronzer/blusher will fulfil all your golden glowy goddess needs.
8.Are you a girl that takes every lipstick in the collection on holiday? With this Bourjois Colorissmo Lip Palette you can switch up your shades with your mood but have it all in one small compact! The creamy bright tints will look beautiful next to tanned skin and really add to your evening look.
9.One major holiday make up essential is waterproof mascara. You need it to combat the waves, splashing about poolside and also the inevitable 30 degree evening makeup slip. Go for a classic; the L’Oreal Volumissime Waterproof Mascara, as it still gives you a dramatic, false lash effect whilst also locking in place to keep you looking fresh.
10.A final holiday essential you need to pack is the perfect summer fragrance, needed for both day and night. We recommend Escada Agua Del Sol, it smells fresh and fruity and the packaging is ideal for summer!