Discover a very special home and fragrance selection from T London, a gorgeous new brand for Fragrance Direct. If you haven’t heard of this beautiful brand before then keep reading’
T London Story
T stands for Tea and Travel. Their scents come from treasured moments of their founder and creative director Jayne has experienced on her adventures around the globe. They use fragrance to bring these memories to life, to create new moods and sensations.
London is an important part of this brand. The brand was born in London and it is its home. They love its quirky corners, experimental attitude and endless possibilities. Exotic teas, spices and fragrances have been transported and traded in the capital throughout history.
The luxurious products that T London create are made from pure, high quality ingredients. Using skin friendly formulas and ethical production processes. At T London, the perfumers blend the complex fragrances of different atmospheres and places with the aromatic essential oils of handpicked spices, grasses, fruits and flowers. They collect potent botanical extracts from far flung corners of the globe, to gently cleanse your skin, boost it with moisture and leave it in excellent condition.
T London strive to keep things as holistic and natural as possible. Formulating their products in England, they are free from parabens, SLS, SLES and artificial colours and they never test on animals.
These are some of our favourite products:
Yerba Mate Candle ‘ Blended for focus and clarity, the Yerba Mate candle is a fresh, stimulating aroma inspired by the steeped leaf infusion of Argentina and South America. The candle smells incredible and has notes of petitgrain, mate absolute, guaiac wood and vetiver.
Darjeeling Hand & Body Lotion ‘ Blended for positivity, the Darjeeling lotion is a deeply hydrating botanical conditioner for the hands and body. With extracts of witch hazel, chamomile flower, jojoba seed oil and aloe vera it sinks into the skin easily and leaves you with smooth and protected hands.
Dimbula Bath & Shower Gel ‘ Blended for equilibrium, experience the Dimbula, a deeply rebalancing body cleanser and bath soak. Infused with natural botanicals and spiced aroma oils it will refresh and care for the skin while composing your mood.
‘Travel is one of my biggest passions and there’s always a particular memory that stands out from each trip. It typically comes when I’m reflecting on the day, with a wonderful cup of the local brew after something special has happened.
T London are my memories expressed through fragrance: the bright positivity of the Darjeeling hills. The easy balance of the Dimbula mountains and the adrenaline of the Argentinean plains ‘ it’s the way the light falls, the sounds, the landscape, textures and aromas’
Aroma is such an amazing thing, you can almost paint with it. It conjures memories and gives you space to escape to ‘ to pause, reset and move on. We take all this into the mix to leave you feeling recharged and ready for the next adventure. I hope you enjoy the ride!’ Jayne ‘ Founder of T London.
Discover a very special home and fragrance selection from T London, a gorgeous new brand for Fragrance Direct. If you haven’t heard of this beautiful brand before then keep reading’
Magnitone are one of the newer brands we have here on FD and we’re super excited about it! Magnitone offer a range of sonic brushes to deeply clean, massage and tone the skin. Like a mini work out for you face! Vibra-Sonic technology is what makes Magnitone Special, the uniquely developed technology works to cleanse skin better and more deeply than traditional methods, a mix of sonic oscillations and pulsed vibrations, that deeply clean and help boost the skin. If you’re new to the Magnitone brand keep reading as we discuss each of their amazing products’
This is the ultimate multi-tasker! It cleanses, tones, exfoliates and buffs for beautifully conditioned skin from head to toe. The Full Monty also gives dead skin cells the brush off, to max your skin fitness and leave you buffed from top to toe.
Don’t let your face reap all the cleansing and smoothing benefits of your brush. Use it all over your body to blast dry patches on knees and elbows or do the Full Monty workout, for a whole body toning massage and exfoliation. Finish with heels and toes to wave goodbye to flaky feet.
Switch between three brush heads’ Active Clean for facial cleansing, The Exfoliator for body smoothing and Well Heeled for a perfect pedicure buff.
Wet or dry, the compact Lady Shaver contours to the natural shape of your skin, gliding effortlessly over short hairs, for more comfortable hair removal and silky smooth skin!
The Lady Shavers effortlessly removes hair from legs, underarms and bikini lines. So you can use it at home in the shower or out and about on the go. Th SkinSoft Floating Head is designed to contour to the shape of your skin and glides effortlessly over short hairs to comfortable hair removal. The rounded protection rail also reduces irritation from shaving.
The rechargeable mini shaver is compact enough to fit neatly in your handbag and perfectly in the palm of your hand. Plus it’s super cute with a pearlescent shell design!
Firm and tighten your complexion with the BareFaced Vibra-Sonic cleansing brush. It is a powerful tool that delivers a deep pore-cleansing action for radiant, refined skin. It effectively exfoliates the skin’s surface to eliminate excess oil, dead skin cells, dirt and impurities, whilst improving the absorption of moisturising and skincare products to take the ‘dare’ out of going bare.
The soft brush is gentle to skin and the innovative, Vibra-Sonic technology combines energising sonic oscillations and electromagnetic pulsed vibrations to boost micro-circulation and tone skin for a plump appearance and healthy looking glow.
The Clean Sweep is the 30 second daily wash for strong, clear and resilient skin. Designed by men, specifically with men’s skincare needs in mind this revolutionary gadget will get your skin in shape. The precision molded HydroPRO head exfoliates 30% deeper (even under beards) to help prevent ingrown hairs and prepare your skin for the smoothest shave. The Vibra-Sonic technology dislodges sweat, bacteria, pollution and dry skin. It has two speeds and only takes 30 seconds to cleanse, exfoliate and condition your skin!
How much do you know about the cosmetics brand Lord & Berry? Not much? Well they’re actually celebrating 20 years in the industry! Born in Milan, the style capital of the world has always been a strong symbol for the brand. Firmly established in the backstage at Milan and London fashion weeks, Lord & Berry are devoted to creating and empowering woman worldwide through their fashion forward cosmetics. Lord & Berry create products for mothers, daughters, grandmothers business women, explorers athletes, intellectuals, philanthropists, wives: cultured women. They strive to carry these women through the daily and special events of their lives, enhancing through self-confidence their quality of life.
Here at FD we’ve just got this amazing makeup brand on board and we were squealing with excitement when all the products started passing through the office. Here are some of our favourite products from the range:
1. Timeless Kissproof Lipstick. This is a liquid lipstick that is dries superfast without leaving you with any cracking. It glides onto the lips like a dream and feels ultra lightweight. Our favourite shades are Perfect Nude (for that perfect nude we’ve all been searching for), Bazaar (a pinky, mauve tone) and Brave Red (for the ultimate red lip).
2. Smudgeproof Waterproof Eye Pencil. This eyeliner literally stays put from the moment you put it on until the moment you come to take it off, it does not budge! It comes in Black and Black/Brown which is really gorgeous if you want something a little bit softer.
3. 20100 Matte Lipstick Pencil. This lipstick is so easy to apply as it comes in a pencil! You literally use it like you would a lip liner and totally fill in the lips to create an intense matte finish. It’s super long lasting but also really comfortable to wear. Our favourite shades are Adorable, Divine and Prelude.
4. Luminizer Highlighter Stick. This highlighter stick is a satiny-gold colour that is just beautiful! It creates a radiant, dewy glow that will perfectly on all skin tones. Dot and blend it over the areas that the light would natural hit, cheekbones, brow bone, bridge of the nose and cupids bow.
5. Vogue Matte Lipstick. This lipstick has an extraordinary matte formulation that has a velvet feel on the lips and brings glamour to any look. It helps lips appear full and defined instantly! Euphoria is a beautiful coral, orange colour that would love gorgeous with a tan. Another favourite is Smarten Nude, a deep cool toned brown.
6. Magic Brow Eyebrow Pencil. This brow pencil is quite unusual as it combines two colours in one pencil to help define the brows but in a really natural way. It also has a spoolie on the other end that you can use to brush through and blend out. It comes in three shades so you can choose the best one to suit your natural brow colour.
7. Lip Oil Potion. Now this is an absolute life saver if you’re someone that constantly has dry or chapped lips (*hello me!). The combination of oils and active ingredients in this potion work together to condition the lips, relieve dryness and chapping and also shield and protect against the environment.
8. Back in Black Mascara. This mascara is perfect if you’re looking for something that has the deepest black colour ever but also gives you high definition and loads of volume. Apply a couple of coats for deep and intense lashes. Bonus the applicator is really small and precise so you can reach each individual lash.
9. Ultimate Lip Liner. The Ultimate lip liner is the original Lord & Berry product. It’s comfortable and super easy to use as it has a round shaped barrel that glides over the lips. This pencil is also enriched with LXB complex that softens and protects the skin. Our favourites shades are Plum, Romantic Rose and Bare.
10. Cream Foundation. The cream foundation in the Lord & Berry range is long lasting and high coverage but also doesn’t leave your skin looking cakey. It has a silky finish that is buildable as it is so easy to blend out. This foundation also has added skincare benefits that help moisturise and also keep you protected from UVA/UVB rays.
Check out our amazing Lord & Berry range now!
You’ve probably noticed we’ve been loving the French pharmacy brand Nuxe at the moment. For those of you who are new to the brand Nuxe started in the 90s by Aliza Jabes, her mission was to bring together Nature and Luxury. The ultra-feminine skincare range is based on a pharmaceutical approach: nature, innovation, evaluation, accessibility and sensory experience.
Nuxe focuses on these 5 philosophies when created every single product and have adapted it to the cosmetics industry.
1. Nature: Nature is at the heart of the vision of cosmetics.
2. Innovation: Nuxe has its own research and development lab and are continually carrying out research to make sure they’re providing the best skincare possible.
3. Evaluation: Nuxe only launch a product when they are 100% satisfied with its safety and its effectiveness, so you can be sure you are getting what you pay for!
4. Accessibility: The most natural cosmetics are not always the most expensive. Nuxe aims to offer products at a great price.
5. Sensory Experience: Nuxe place great importance on the sensory pleasure of the products, so looking at the textures and fragrances to make sure they are as luxurious as we’re all looking for.
One of the hero products for Nuxe and one you might be most familiar with is the Huile Prodigieuse. The multi-use dry oil nourishes, repairs and softens skin and hair, it also has a unique non greasy feel to it. 98.1% of the ingredients are of a natural source and it contains now silicone, no mineral oils and no preservatives. The Huile Prodigieuse oil has become of a bit of a cult product and we all are obsessed with it here at FD! It contains 7 precious botanical oils: hazelnut oil, macadamia nut oil, argan oil, sweet almond oil, camellia oil and borage seed oil. Each of these essential oils work together to help soothe, nourish, soften and hydrate the skin (it’s also amazing for anti-aging fyi).
The Nuxe range includes a huge variety of products to suit all your skincare needs. They work in families of products each with different focuses. There is the Huile Prodigieuse range that includes the hero dry oil, but also includes fragrance, moisturisers and body lotions.
The Rose Petal range focuses on facial cleansing and has an amazing scent! They have a micellar cleansing water, cleansing milk, toning lotion, foam cleanser, cleansing gel, exfoliating gel and a cream mask. This range is specifically developed for sensitive skin and includes Rose and Ylang.
The Nuxellence range recharges the skin with youth, focusing on anti-aging. The skin becomes recharged in energy and cells function better. In this range there is a Day Cream, a Night Cream and an Anti-Aging Eye Contour.
CrÃ‡Ã¹me Fraiche is a range that focuses on dehydrated and sensitive skin, it gives 24hr moisturising and 24hr soothing qualities to make sure the skin is fresh, supple and soft. In this range there is a moisturising serum, moisturising cream, moisturising emulsion and a hydrating mask.
Finally there is the Nuxe Sun range, this range is focused on enjoying the sun whilst keeping the skin safe and protected. They have a wide range of products to suit all your sun care needs including Tanning Oil, Milky Spray, Delicious Lotion, Delicious Cream and Melting Cream for the face. These all come in a variety of SPF from 10 to 50. There is also a selection of after sun and self-tanning products for the face, body and hair.
These are some of our favourite ranges from the Nuxe brand, try them out now and see what you think!
Here at Fragrance Direct we’ve got a great new brand on site, Crabtree and Evelyn. We wanted to give you a quick run down on what they’re all about and why we’re so excited to welcome them to the FD family.
Crabtree and Evelyn are world renowned for quality fragrances, beautifully presented gifts and indulgent bath and body collections. Inspired by nature, the brand draws on its rich heritage and knowledge of plants to offer botanically inspired products, which enliven the senses and add a touch of luxury to everyday rituals.
A bit of history; founded in 1972, Crabtree and Evelyn was started as a small family business by Cyrus Harvey. He had a passion for travel and an inherent in all things natural. His inspiration came from the life of John Evelyn, who was one of the first naturalists and conservationists.
‘ Explore everything, keep the best’ was the motto of John Evelyn and to this day continues to be the guiding inspiration for Crabtree and Evelyn.
Today, more than 40 years since the company began, they continue to draw on the rich heritage and knowledge of plants and botanicals while embracing new discoveries. This is expressed in their product range of beautifully packaged body and hand care luxuries and home spa essentials. The Crabtree apple became the icon for the brand in the 1980’s and the brand began to become recognisable for its inimitable and uniquely crafted style and the first UK store opened on Kensington High Street.
Crabtree and Evelyn have travelled the world in search of inspiring, efficacious and unusual ingredients for their fragrances and products. They are dedicated to producing products that transform everyday rituals into extraordinary, pleasurable experiences and that create a moment of self-indulgence for the user.
The current ranges include:
Hand Care Collection
Fine Fragrance Collection
Men’s Grooming Collection
So whether you want to look good or feel better or both, allow Crabtree and Evelyn to take you on a journey of discovery to ‘Explore everything. Keep the best’.
The new John Paul Gaultier Essence De Parfum has just launched, with updated scents for the ever popular Classique and Le Male. We wanted to see what the inspiration was behind the brand and what perfume means to the man himself; Jean Paul Gaultier.
1. What is Perfumery for you? What does its universe embody?
Parfumerie is a bit like Aladdin’s cave for me. There are so many elements, discoveries’ I have been experimenting with new fragrances for more than 20 years now, pushing the limits in this fascinating field. There are endless possibilities.
2. Is there a link between Haute Couture and Perfume?
Of course. Perfume is the first article of clothing it sets the pace of a look. And there is a vast savoir-faire in both fields. On both sides, there is a continual search for new shapes and new scent. And it is in this savoir-faire that both couture and perfume find their fulfilment.
3. What is most difficult when launching a perfume brand?
The most difficult thing is probably staying true to one’s own universe and to oneself. And to succeed in translating one’s values and obsessions into perfume. It is only by being in this state of mind, and thanks to savoir-faire, that one can reconcile both universes.
4. Not all fashion houses have a savoir-faire in perfumery, why did you choose to embrace this domain?
My DNA is to innovate and to be at odds with conventional ideal of beauty ‘ I always wanted to show more than one side of beauty. In my perfumes, I want to keep this irreverence and keep looking for a divergent beauty.
5. Once scent you like on other people?
The smell of freshness.
6. One scent you do not like on yourself?
A scent that would be too invasive.
7. An olfactory memory that transports you?
The smell of rice powder in theatres. It reminds me of the magical world I discovered at 6, when my grandmother took me to a show at the Theatre du Chatelet. It was like breaking through an all-new world, full of magic and poetry.
8. A childhood smell?
My grandmother’s boudoir.
9. What are the necessary qualities to appreciate a perfume?
A sense of surprise, an olfactive memory, like an image that appears in your head when you smell the perfume. I am a very visual person and scents trigger images in my head.
10. Do you think that women are more faithful to their men or to their perfume?
It is a good thing to be faithful, but it is also good to change. To each their own.
11. One word to describe JPG Perfumes?
Innovating, surprising, savoir-faire and punk attitude.
12. To whom is this beautifully designed body perfume addressed to?
Bodies evolve and so do perfumes. After more than 20 years of existence, they needed a new body and new look.
13. Your favourite quote about perfume?
‘When we talk about Belle Parfumerie, it does not always mean natural and raw materials’
You can get the new John Paul Gaultier Essence De Parfum here.