Well we’re heading full pelt for Party Season, a lethal combination of drunk dancing, late nights and changing temperatures! Now for such occasions you need your make up to last, without smudging, slipping or totally disappearing. Luckily for you we’ve researched some of the best products for making sure all the hard work you’ve put into your face stays put and lasts all night!
1. Use a primer! This is probably the single most important step and trust us your face will thank you for it. Select a primer that will smooth out your skin, minimize pores and just grip onto your makeup for dear life. We love the W7 Porefection Face Primer or if you want to add a glow to your skin try the Hylamide Glow Radiance Booster.
2. Layers. You might be tempted to go full, heavy coverage which is fine but try to build up light layers, that way your base is much more likely to stay put rather than breaking down. Give each layer enough time to dry down and set properly before applying the next. Also a great tip is to spray your brush or sponge with a fixing spray. Tip: A matte foundation is going to stay put much better than a dewy finish.
3. Sweat proof your eye makeup! Now we all know there’s nothing worse that mascara that smudges halfway down your face. This also goes for eyeliner as that can often be the culprit for panda eyes. Use this opportunity to wow everyone with the perfect flick and focus on using a waterproof liquid liner on your top lids as well as waterproof mascara. We recommend the Maybelline Colossal Volume Waterproof Mascara and the Glo & Ray Longwear Precision Liquid Liner (this one has a super fine tip that is perfect for creating a sharp flick).
4. Stick to transfer proof lip products. Read: matte, liquid lipsticks are your best friend. Touching up your lipstick is such a faff when you’re trying to enjoy your night. Make sure you use a lip liner before applying your lip colour, this will really help your lipstick stay put. Then choose a formula that is long lasting (road test a few days before!). The NYX Matte Lipstick set has some gorgeous shades and really has that staying power. If you want a glossy finish, just pop a gloss over the top. Tip: use a straw all night!
5. Set it down! Make sure you apply a setting spray before you step foot outside. Fixing or setting sprays honestly make such a difference to the longevity of your makeup. It will save all make up meltdowns and keep you looking flawless all night long. We love the Lily Lolo Makeup Mist.
Follow these simple steps and you’ll be set for the night and can avoid those embarrassing Instagram posts of a mascara moustache! We’re totally not speaking from experience here’