You’ve probably noticed we’ve been loving the French pharmacy brand Nuxe at the moment. For those of you who are new to the brand Nuxe started in the 90s by Aliza Jabes, her mission was to bring together Nature and Luxury. The ultra-feminine skincare range is based on a pharmaceutical approach: nature, innovation, evaluation, accessibility and sensory experience.
Nuxe focuses on these 5 philosophies when created every single product and have adapted it to the cosmetics industry.
1. Nature: Nature is at the heart of the vision of cosmetics.
2. Innovation: Nuxe has its own research and development lab and are continually carrying out research to make sure they’re providing the best skincare possible.
3. Evaluation: Nuxe only launch a product when they are 100% satisfied with its safety and its effectiveness, so you can be sure you are getting what you pay for!
4. Accessibility: The most natural cosmetics are not always the most expensive. Nuxe aims to offer products at a great price.
5. Sensory Experience: Nuxe place great importance on the sensory pleasure of the products, so looking at the textures and fragrances to make sure they are as luxurious as we’re all looking for.
One of the hero products for Nuxe and one you might be most familiar with is the Huile Prodigieuse. The multi-use dry oil nourishes, repairs and softens skin and hair, it also has a unique non greasy feel to it. 98.1% of the ingredients are of a natural source and it contains now silicone, no mineral oils and no preservatives. The Huile Prodigieuse oil has become of a bit of a cult product and we all are obsessed with it here at FD! It contains 7 precious botanical oils: hazelnut oil, macadamia nut oil, argan oil, sweet almond oil, camellia oil and borage seed oil. Each of these essential oils work together to help soothe, nourish, soften and hydrate the skin (it’s also amazing for anti-aging fyi).
The Nuxe range includes a huge variety of products to suit all your skincare needs. They work in families of products each with different focuses. There is the Huile Prodigieuse range that includes the hero dry oil, but also includes fragrance, moisturisers and body lotions.
The Nuxellence range recharges the skin with youth, focusing on anti-aging. The skin becomes recharged in energy and cells function better. In this range there is a Day Cream, a Night Cream and an Anti-Aging Eye Contour.
Finally there is the Nuxe Sun range, this range is focused on enjoying the sun whilst keeping the skin safe and protected. They have a wide range of products to suit all your sun care needs including Tanning Oil, Milky Spray,Delicious Lotion, Delicious Cream and Melting Cream for the face. These all come in a variety of SPF from 10 to 50. There is also a selection of after sun and self-tanning products for the face, body and hair.
These are some of our favourite ranges from the Nuxe brand, try them out now and see what you think!
Rose gold is everywhere at the moment – on our jewellery, on our nails, on our desks. So why not put it on out face as well? Today we’re going to be showing you how to create this glam rose gold makeup look using products from the FD website.
Start by priming the skin using the L’Oreal Smoothing Primer – focussing mainly on the t-zone to fill in any pores and/or fine lines. Then, perfect the skin using the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation and buff it in with a buffing brush – conceal any imperfections using the Maybelline Better Skin Concealer and apply to the lids to help prime the eyes.
Next, set everything in place using the highlighting powder in the NARS Contour Duo and warm up the face using the deeper, contour shade from the same palette. Want to sharpen things up a little? Bake that contour with the Art Deco HD Powder. Add a subtle glow using the Technic Strobe Kit – the more the merrier.
For the eyes, using the Rimmel Glam Eyes Quad in Afternoon Tea, use the neutral matte shade in the crease to act as a transition shade. Follow up with the deep mauve shade in the palette and blend it on the outer corner of the eye and on the lower lash line. Add an inner corner highlight using the palest pink shade and blend out.
Have you woken up this morning looking as bad as you feel? Its 8am, the guilt is seeping in and you can barely keep your eyes open’ Well worry not; we have some great tips and tricks to make you look bright and fresh, even if you most definitely don’t feel it!
1. Wash your face. There’s a pretty good chance you didn’t cleanse, tone and moisturise before you went to bed last night. So the first step is to get rid of any evidence left on your face of yesterday’s makeup, try a formula with refreshing ingredients such as menthol or citrus and splash away with cold water. This will do wonders to wake you up and also keep your skin calm. Murad Essential C Cleanser is packed with vitamins to make you look more awake!
2. Drink as much water as physically possible. While you’re stood in the bathroom, get as much H20 down you as you can! Alcohol’s side effects are mostly caused by dehydration so start to counteract that as quickly as possible and you’ll soon calm that pounding headache.
3. Start to de-puff. Skin that has been sapped of moisture (by one too many glasses of prosecco) will appear puffy. A dead giveaway of a hangover. Now you might not be looking forward to this next step but here goes’ dunk your face in a sink of freezing cold water. It will soothe your swollen skin and instantly make you look brighter and more awake. Next get some cotton pads and moisten them in the water and hold them over your eyes for a couple of minutes.
4. Use a glow enhancing base product. You’re going to want to skip the foundation today, trust us it is going to do you no favours! Anything too drying won’t apply seamlessly and will sap even more moisture from your skin. A hydrating tinted moisture is going to be much better, mixed with a radiance enhancing primer and you’ll look like you’re glowing from within (well maybe not quite that good but you get the gist). Rodial Instaglam Skin Tint is really light and will blend out easily, mixed with Nars Light Optimising Primer to make your skin look more luminous.
5. Conceal. As for concealer this is definitely not a step you want to miss’ now your skin should be look much more fresh and glowy but you still need to disguise those dark circles that the 4 gin and tonics have gifted you. Opt for a long lasting formula that will stay put for the full 8 hours; we love the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. It has coverage you just can’t beat and will brighten the under eye area as much as humanely possible.
6. On to eyes. Now is not the time for an elaborate smoky eye (thank god!), there’s a few tips that will make your eyes look brighter and fresh. Opt for a nude liner to make your peepers look bigger and more awake. And then add a cream shadow in a pale colour; go for something as close to your skin tone as possible. Artdeco Eyeshadow Base in Neutral works perfect for this. For the rest of the eyes, keep it as simple as possible with just a quick sweep of mascara.
7. Highlighter. You probably still feel like the life has been sucked out of you and every movement is the biggest effort ever but let’s try to mimic the appearance of radiant health. Applying a bit of highlighter is essential. Technic High Lights Complexion Highlighter is perfect because it is a liquid rather than a powder (we’re avoiding powders at all costs fyi), it will help the skin looking dewy and fresh. Apply to the tops of your cheekbones and the inner corners of your eyes to masks any signs of tiredness.
8. Tint and Blush. Using a bit of bronzer and blusher will do great things add more freshness to the face, but again if you can use cream products then do! It will help counteract that deadly pale look you woke up with. Bourjois Cream Soleil Blush is perfect for this step.
9. Tame the Mane. You probably have about 5 minutes left before you’re supposed to be at your desk and washing your hair was just too big of a task this morning. A quick blast with the dry shampoo should do the trick and pull your hair into tight bun (instant facelift as an added bonus) or braid to hide any greasy giveaways. Toni & Guy Sky High Volume Dry Shampoo is amazing value for money!
10. Finally pop an Aspirin and hold your head high!
There’s a few products us here at FD would never been seen without at the gym! To all those gym bunnies out there heading to spin/yoga/hiit, you do not need to take the contents of your bathroom cabinet to the gym! You’ll never see us washing our hair with communal shower gel or sweating mascara tears! And hey you never know who you’re going to bump into! We’ve put together a list of products that make our ‘essential’ list’
1. Clean, clear skin is number 1. Keeping a pack of makeup wipes in your gym back is essential pre and post workout. Exercising in your makeup is a no go for keeping your skin in top condition; you’ll end up clogging your pores with makeup, grime and sweat (eww!). Make sure you remove as much of your makeup as possible before working out with some handy makeup wipes. These Yes To Cucumber wipes are great as they are perfectly gym bag sized. Once you’ve finished your session give your skin a quick wipe to remove any sweat from your skin as soon as possible.
2. Hey if you don’t want to go completely makeup free, we won’t judge! However panda eyes really aren’t a great look when working up a sweat in hot yoga. Try giving your lashes a quick curl and then add on a slick of waterproof mascara. This one from Collection is great as it’s completely clump-free.
3. Probably not best to head into the gym with a full pout. But definitely get some lip balm on to keep your lips hydrated and smooth. There’s nothing worse than trying to make it through that treadmill minute when your lips are chap and tight! EOS lip balms are so moisturising but also easy to keep at the bottom of your gym bag.
4. Obviously no gym back is complete without deodorant. But not all deodorants are created equally’ this one from Dove will help you stay smelling fresh even when you come out super sweaty!
5. Next up we have a super hydrating micellar water. Micellar water is great when you need a quick fix after a gym session, it will keep your skin fresh and cleansed. It’s also really handy as you don’t need to lug a bit cleansing routine with you! This one from Nuxe ‘Eau DÃ‡Â¸maquillante Micellaire is perfect.
6. If you have time to shower at the gym you don’t want to be carrying arounds loads of bottles. Get a two in one shampoo and conditioner to keep everything to a minimum. This Cowshed Lazy Cow Shampoo and Conditioner will get your hair clean in record time. Plus it has vitamins that will help keep your hair shiny and tangle free!
Some of our favourite products from the Murad range include:
7. Bobby pins! What girl doesn’t have thousands of bobby pins hanging around in the bottom of their bag? You can’t work out with your hair swinging around your face, get it all up and out of the way and fully secured! Get a huge box of grips and pins that will keep you fully stocked up.
8. If you’re in a mad rush after an intense work out you’re going to need something to boost your locks. Big Sexy Hair has this miracle working spray that sops up the grease and sweat but also adds volume in seconds!
9. If you need a quick makeup fix on the way out of the gym it’s usually best to stick to light, oil free products. You still need to allow your skin to recover so using a tinted moisturiser or BB Cream will be much more hydrating than a foundation.
10. We have a perfectly portable sized detangling brush that is going to work miracles when you get out of the gym. This one from Tangle Teezer glides through tresses without causing any breakage, particularly when your hair is at its most vulnerable (wet or sweaty). Voila you’re good to go!
‘No one is more beautiful than you at your best’ ‘ Howard Murad.
Now that’s an inspirational quote we can get behind! One of the new skincare brands we have on our website is Murad and they have plenty of products to really up your skincare game!
Murad was founded by Dr. Murad in 1989, he had a desire to help people look and feel younger and healthier. His solution driven skincare products have ground breaking formulas that he has perfected over the years. As well as many of the products receiving numerous awards, Dr. Murad himself has been awarded ‘the Aesthetic Visionary Award for Lifetime Achievement’ by Vogue magazine and ‘A Beauty Genius’ by Elle magazine.
Many of the Murad products sit under 1 of 3 categories ‘Cleanse | Tone’, ‘Treat | Repair’ or ‘Hydrate | Protect’.
For cleansing and toning Murad recommends you wash your face twice daily to remove dirt, debris, makeup, dead skin cells and accumulated oils. Use a toner no more than twice a day to restore skin’s pH and prepare it for the next step. There are a number of different cleansers and toners in the range that you can choose from to suit your individual skin type. For example Blemish Cleanser, Clarifying Cleanser, Exfoliating Age Reform Cleanser.
For treating and repairing Murad believes this to be the most important step of everyday skincare regimes. Use to repair existing damage and optimise the health of your skin so that it can defend itself against further damage. These products include Radiance Peels, Smoothing Polish and Firming masks that will deal with any skin issues you may have.
Finally there is hydrating and protecting the skin. Murad highly recommends using a sunscreen every day, regardless of your activities or the weather. Also apply a moisturiser morning and evening to replenish and restore your skin’s surface. Many of the Murad day cream moisturisers include an SPF in them.
Some of our favourite products from the Murad range include: Invisiblur Perfecting Shield. This award winning protecting shield with SPF 30 is a serum that instantly blurs skin imperfections whilst also protecting from the sun. It’s the perfect makeup base! Age Reform Starter Set ‘ Beautiful Start. This is perfect for all Murad beginners as it includes a refreshing cleanser, perfecting day cream, rapid collagen infusion and a hydro-dynamin ultimate moisture for eyes. Hydrating Toner Resurgence. This toner is so easy to use as it comes in a spray bottle, if you don’t usually use a toner this is a great one to start with! It balances, hydrates and neutralises the surface of the skin.